woo hoo, pyro, and eeeek!!!

taizi

A finally a good flight weekend
ive had to fly in the undergroung carpark because of bad winds , but friday night i accidently did a pyro while flying my cp3 and caught it, so i thought i wonder if i can do it and mean it, and blow me down i did it another 2 times without the tinkle crash sounds hehehe
yesterday the wind had gone and i took the cp3 outside and started flying real good (for a rookie), i was doing proper cicuits , nose in and pyros, and also took it 20ft up got a real good buzz from it aswell

today again no wind so again took the cp3 out and repeated yesterdays flying, and ended up taking my belt cp 450 out and again was flying real well , again proper cicuits and high fliht etc, so thats the woo hoos

now the eeeek!!, i fitted my DX6i into the belt cp and took it down for testing, and after playing with the pitch to get it off the floor (which iv'e posted a plea for help in other section), i had it kinda flying , but hadnt quite got the gyro set, so it suddenly shot round out of control and started diving for the floor, somehow i caught it and managed to get it down safely, but it did tilt over and i heard the blade tips tap the floor, lucky i had alot of pitch on it because it righted itself before it did that jumping rolling up in a ball thing that helis do in these situations

so all in all a blooming great flying weekend, really good fun a great buzz, learnt alot and an eek! with no cost,
just need some advice on the setup for the belt cp now oh and still waiting for the connector for my flybarless system on my little rex so i can actually get setup and in the air

love this hobby

Tony

Staff member
jumping rolling up in a ball thing

That is called a Chicken Dance! I have one on video when I crashed my mSR into the snow lol. And I will check out your other thread. Not sure I can help with the CP, but I will do my best.

taizi

yeah ive seen it a number of times with my cp3, but touch wood not yet with the rex or belt
its funny till you think what you gotta replace hahaha

Tony

Staff member
Well that's what's good about the mSR, you can do it, flip it back over and no damage. same with teh mcpx for the most part. Bigger helis, if you so much as kiss the ground with the blade tips you are replacing parts.

taizi

well i count myself really lucky, because the tips of the blades did hit the floor with my belt cp and all it did was make a mark on the end, still amazed it didnt do the chicken lol, mind you my heart went up a few beats when it did it hahaha

Top Bottom