wow, my tail is finally solid.

murankar

Staff member
I finally got a solid tail. This heli is flying so smooth now. I may put off the tail servo for now. I have spare parts to order. Btw video to come.

murankar

Staff member
Now I know what I have been missing all this time. My video will have the install mechanical setup and electronic setup. Them my first to batteries, not the full pack but clips.

murankar

Staff member
OK, the video is baking right now might be another 20 minutes or so. Then it time for the upload which might take 2 hours. This is going to be a fun weekend with this new setup.

murankar

Staff member
Did some flying tonight after work. I did not bring out the camera due to to many people being in the area. I didn't want a lot of distractions also. I did some plying around with the gyro gain to see what would happen, I went to 75% and things started to get jumpy in the tail so I bumped it down to 72% and it resulted in less jumpiness. So I bumped it back down to 68% and had just the slightest amount of wag not really noticeable but it was there. took it to 65% and things looked solid with some drift in after moving the rudder. I think 66% or 67% is the sweet spot with zero deadband on my setup. Then I finished the flight of the first battery I was standing at a weird angle to the bird which gave the feeling of flying left side in. I was trying like hell to get that left side in but kept freaking out, so I would go to tail in and try again. THe second battery wasa much the same with a light gust of wind periodically.

THe third battery was like magic, even though I didn't continue with left side in. I had zero wind for the 4.5 minutes I flew and let me tell ya it was almost hands off stable in normal mode. i am still impressed with the smoothness I now have, if this continues I think I might move the d/r down to 30 from 35. I am now getting ready to charge the packs and get ready for tomorrow.

Update on the site, I have been working on the layout most is the same except the calc page. I also re themed the site so it's not the dark theme, I went with a Microsoft blue and white theme. I am thinking of up loading to the site so you all can see how it looks. I also have some of the area filled with meaningful text. I would like input from you all after you see the direction I am going. I have found a resource to help with the airplane equations for cord, cog and other data that could be useful to some. Most of this site will be enough information for someone just starting with all the beginner questions answered. Hopefully this will give someone just starting into the hobby enough info to get started.

Top Bottom