WREN 44H Turbine

ivor

This is the Align DFC kit that had an 800 tail boom put into it to clear the 800mm blades and put Vario skid under it as the Align one was that close to the ground it could hit the underside of the engine in an autorotation. Still fly this one today also a second one Trex 700 turbine with a larger fuel tank under the main frame. Ivor.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Wow Ivor, love it! I had a Wren 44 back in 2018. It was a nightmare for me. I thought I'd try again in 5 or 10 years after they became a bit more reliable. Every time I would try to start it there was another issue. I had it in a Align 800 like that with the "DFC kit" as they called it. I did get to fly it and it was awesome when it did fly...

ivor

Wow Ivor, love it! I had a Wren 44 back in 2018. It was a nightmare for me. I thought I'd try again in 5 or 10 years after they became a bit more reliable. Every time I would try to start it there was another issue. I had it in a Align 800 like that with the "DFC kit" as they called it. I did get to fly it and it was awesome when it did fly...
Yes I have had a few problems with the second one after sending it back to the UK to fix the starting fault with it and over the last 12 months fixed it myself after Paul rang me from the UK but could not give me the settings to solve the switch over. Anyway my other Trex runs very well and thank you for your reply. PS where are you in the world are you? I am in Australia Ivor

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
I'm in the US, east coast. I bought mine when it was Wren Turbines. I might try again some day.

Top Bottom