Quad Xtr Won't Run Motors

I have a Spectrum Dx8 (older model only Aircraft, Hele and Glider modes.)

Quad Omnibus F4 V3. Using PPM from receiver.

I set the radio to aircraft mode on the XTR and on Beta flight I can see all the channels moving as they should be. (Thanks to your video.)

All the motors can be turned on from beta flight as one or individually.

Problem. I can’t get the motors to start from my radio.

I set up the F4 as per your video with arming switches etc. but no go. I have tried the arming switch in both positions, holding the throttle at full open and then closed position for a few seconds each but still no go. Tried removing the arming switch, No Go.

It is most probably a basic mistake like not facing Mecka when switching on or something. :)

Any ideas Please?

Tony

Staff member
One thing that I see causing this quite often is with it still plugged into the computer. Try seeing if it will spool the motors after unplugging it from the computer, removing the battery from the quad, and then plugging the battery back in. Of course make sure you setup your arming feature so that you can arm and disarm the FC before you unplug it from tthe computer.

Also, make sure your throttle reading is below the threshold. Usually a reading of 1000 for low stick is sufficient but you may have to go lower on some. You can test this by moving the throttle trim with the trim tab all the way down.

Oh, and remove the props before doing this. Don't want an angry quad surprise. And make sure your throttle is going the correct direction as well.

One thing that I see causing this quite often is with it still plugged into the computer. Try seeing if it will spool the motors after unplugging it from the computer, removing the battery from the quad, and then plugging the battery back in. Of course make sure you setup your arming feature so that you can arm and disarm the FC before you unplug it from tthe computer.

Also, make sure your throttle reading is below the threshold. Usually a reading of 1000 for low stick is sufficient but you may have to go lower on some. You can test this by moving the throttle trim with the trim tab all the way down.

Oh, and remove the props before doing this. Don't want an angry quad surprise. And make sure your throttle is going the correct direction as well.

Yep that worked thank you. This is sure a learning curve. Thanks again.

Tony

Staff member
It's my pleasure. If you run into another road block, or just want to chat, post back up :D

Top Bottom