450 Your kidding...right?

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I'm not interested in it one bit but how lazy have we become? So sad no one wants to learn any more :sorrow:

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Yeah, I've seen that, my son has the FW 200. It also fly's upside down with the flick of a stick. Then when inverted it fly's just like right side up. Its literally a drone. But I have to admit, it's pretty cool. lol

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Yes it's nice BUT! Guess I'm old school learning by building from the ground up. Now that's science, skills you develop along the way. As so many experience RC pilots both heli and fix wing have said, you appreciate those skills learn. I still remember my first successful hover done after so many crash and burns with a collective pitch bird. It was only a minute or two flight but the satisfaction I did it :banana: :boldblue: :arms:. I'm 74 and this only happen a few years ago when I ventured into helicopters, didn't know truly how to fly a helicopter. Learn all this by watching videos and then found this forum and Tony's RC Flight School that really got me going. Before that was a fix wing guy in the 70's and remember you build your airplane from a balsa wood kit. And I had a actual pilot teach me how to fly while station in West Germany. Returning to the states got out of the hobby in 1975 due to other interest, went to a trade show in 2015 and saw a coaxial RC helicopter. Been hooked ever sense and then one day bought on ebay a bundle deal on broken Blade SR helicopters. Needless to say the wife wasn't exactly a happy camper at the time. But when she saw that I was series she gave me chance "Bless Her:nevreness:" Included in the box were new parts and was able to repair and rebuild 3 flyable birds. Now taking on a new challenge building from scratch a 38" 450 scale FBL helicopter, Hulk Jr. I'm lucky to live near fran11784 who's an awesome teacher and friend to help me:peaceful:. Best regards, Jim

RandyDSok

I'm uncertain the number of generations that no longer understand what I consider a very important lesson in life...

Life is about the journey, not the destination.

I see that lack of understanding here reflected here with new users that want to start with the fanciest and prettiest airplane or heli without having learned how to even fly the basic stuff. Heck, I've seen it on Minecraft servers where the younger generations first questions seem to be, how to find the end portal long before they even have built their first base to start their journey. I'm sure there are tons of other examples, I tried to find two very different ones with RC on one hand and a software game on the other...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not at all against setting a goal to achieve... but there is a lot to learn and grow from along the way. Savor what life brings and teaches us along the road. It will only deepen your knowledge and enhance your understanding.

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Yes it's nice BUT! Guess I'm old school learning by building from the ground up. Now that's science, skills you develop along the way. As so many experience RC pilots both heli and fix wing have said, you appreciate those skills learn. I still remember my first successful hover done after so many crash and burns with a collective pitch bird. It was only a minute or two flight but the satisfaction I did it :banana: :boldblue: :arms:. I'm 74 and this only happen a few years ago when I ventured into helicopters, didn't know truly how to fly a helicopter. Learn all this by watching videos and then found this forum and Tony's RC Flight School that really got me going. Before that was a fix wing guy in the 70's and remember you build your airplane from a balsa wood kit. And I had a actual pilot teach me how to fly while station in West Germany. Returning to the states got out of the hobby in 1975 due to other interest, went to a trade show in 2015 and saw a coaxial RC helicopter. Been hooked ever sense and then one day bought on ebay a bundle deal on broken Blade SR helicopters. Needless to say the wife wasn't exactly a happy camper at the time. But when she saw that I was series she gave me chance "Bless Her:nevreness:" Included in the box were new parts and was able to repair and rebuild 3 flyable birds. Now taking on a new challenge building from scratch a 38" 450 scale FBL helicopter, Hulk Jr. I'm lucky to live near fran11784 who's an awesome teacher and friend to help me:peaceful:. Best regards, Jim

Very interesting from a technical standpoint, but I would also be bored within 8 minutes. :beguiled:
Me too

Top Bottom