4yo Flew My Quad

Stambo

I gave the tx for my V959 to my nearly 5yo son on the weekend.
If I had known how well he was gonna do I would have got the video cam out.
He has spent a bit of time on the sim with my 9x so I asked if he wanted to use that or the little WLToys one.
He chose the smaller one. I got him to do some take off, hover and land drills and he did remarkably well.
There was the odd "oops" involved but almost every landing was controlled well.
Unfortunately it was quite windy outside so we had limited room in the shed.
I can't wait to get him outside so he can "stretch his wings" so to speak.
I only have him every second weekend so progress will be slow but next time there will be a video.
I am so proud of my little lad. :)

EyeStation

OK , Eye quit. He got me beat.
LOL, Great job, they do seem to get it before we can. Was just talking to the buddys today how the younger generation(s) have a handle on the remote thing. Those xbox controllers help alot.
Raise another one to protect the homeland!
He will be signing in soon I hope.

Stambo

Good deal! He should be flying like an expert soon!

I expect him to be outflying me within a year or 2.

Won't be letting him near the 500 any time soon though.
I have an Esky 450 that was gonna get sold, I may have to hang on to it after all.

At 3 years old he was able to turn on the TV and the DVD player, put the TV on the correct channel, put the DVD he wanted in the player and set it all going.
He has a cheap tablet the he can switch on and find his games and apps (all educational off course).
He sends me little video messages every now and then, I did not teach him that and his mum swears she didn't either.

Tech in these kids hands is just as natural as a pencil to them.
I can't imagine what the future holds but I am sure keen to see him deal with it.

Sorry about rambling guys but when I put my proud dad cap on it's hard for me to stop.
I am sure many of you know what I mean. :)

Top Bottom