450 Align 470lm electrical help

Noob

I know on my microbeast in the parameters G for centering servvos and leveling swash is actually H and H is G. and some adjustments for pitch on main blades on rudder and aileron sticks may be backwards.
Thanks Buel, I'll check that out tonight.

Noob

Another issue, I plug in my heli, it binds to my transmitter. All servos work, but when I get to E-F in the set up menu to check my rudder limits, my rudder only moves a tiny bit, nothing like before entering the setup menu.

It really seems like my setup menu letters are all jacked up. I updated it to the V5.4 so I'm following the V5.4 manual on wiki. Seems to work most of the time except when I reach E F G H. What ever it states in the manual for those steps is completely wrong.

Last edited:

buel williams

Another issue, I plug in my heli, it binds to my transmitter. All servos work, but when I get to E-F in the set up menu to check my rudder limits, my rudder only moves a tiny bit, nothing like before entering the setup menu.

It really seems like my setup menu letters are all jacked up. I updated it to the V5.4 so I'm following the V5.4 manual on wiki. Seems to work most of the time except when I reach E F G H. What ever it states in the manual for those steps is completely wrong.
menu A is mounting orientation is correct. menu E is your endpoint setting for tail if the throw is too small try moving ball in closer in on servo horn. do you have gyro set in your TX 30 positive works well. on my micro beast menu G is not G it is H and H is G its crazy. I removed my micro beast and installed a AR7200 and no more problems.

Noob

I looked for the AR7200 and its discontinued :(. Do you think the Fc6250hx would be just as good?

buel williams

I looked for the AR7200 and its discontinued :(. Do you think the Fc6250hx would be just as good?

I am not familiar with that unit I have 3 ar7210 and 3 ar7200 I bought some new and some used no problems with any. there is a ar7210 on ebay right now.

Noob

Here's a site with that FBL unit Spektrum SPMAR7210BX. Looks like to me that the family of AR700's FBL unit are going to be no more :(.
Thank you D.O.G and Buel Williams. I ordered it off summit. It says it'll ship on 1/10/22. I now need to buy a compatible transmitter.

My transmitter is discontinued. It still works flawlessly with my Trex150 and my OMP V2. I suppose I could get a Spektrum transmitter for my bigger helicopters considering all the features I can unlock on the AR7210bx with a Spektrum.

Last edited:

Noob

So.... I refused to give up. I factory reset my BeastX once again and it's all working as advertised. I programmed my ESC and my throttle is working. I figured out how to reverse my throttle.

I guess I'll have to fly it and see if it freaks out and crashes :nonchalance:

A family member of mine has a Trex500 with a flybar and said he'd give it to me. (He couldn't help me with my problems) I Cant say no to free, right? :biglaugh: I'll most likely use the AR7210bx on that when I decide to change it to flybarless if summit does end up finding one for me.

Last edited:

Smoggie

So.... I refused to give up. I factory reset my BeastX once again and it's all working as advertised. I programmed my ESC and my throttle is working. I figured out how to reverse my throttle.

I guess I'll have to fly it and see if it freaks out and crashes :nonchalance:

Perseverance pays off! Well done.

What is REALLY important prior to attempting flight is to double and triple check that both swash and tail servo respose is correct both to Tx stick input and in compensation to movement of the heli. I cant over stress how important this part of the setup is, get it wrong and the first spool-up will end very badly and very quickly.

buel williams

Perseverance pays off! Well done.

What is REALLY important prior to attempting flight is to double and triple check that both swash and tail servo respose is correct both to Tx stick input and in compensation to movement of the heli. I cant over stress how important this part of the setup is, get it wrong and the first spool-up will end very badly and very quickly.
you got that right, thats why I test all my birds after set up on a test stand I built made of alltread flat washers and plywood. spins like a lazy susan mounded to 4by4 in the ground.

Noob

I installed my tail blades and spun it up while holding it down. My tail wants to go clock wise. It also seems like I can't make minor adjustments on the rudder. it's like its go full left, or go full right.

buel williams

I installed my tail blades and spun it up while holding it down. My tail wants to go clock wise. It also seems like I can't make minor adjustments on the rudder. it's like its go full left, or go full right.
Do you know your tail sevo center position/pulse length on most sevos it is 1520 but it could be 760. Are your blades on correct, are your blades turning the right direction.

Noob

Do you know your tail sevo center position/pulse length on most sevos it is 1520 but it could be 760. Are your blades on correct, are your blades turning the right direction.
I just went through my programming and all of my rudder programming is correct and my servo horn is exactly at 90 degrees. I spun it up again and it wanted to go clockwise until I tapped my rudder in the opposite direction then it was fine. I'm assuming that I shouldn't have to do that?

I'm reading my align 470lm manual and in section 14. Adjustments for gyro and tail neutral setting. It tells me to turn off RVMX(revolution mixing) mode in my transmitter, then set a gain switch. Then it says after completing set the gain switch back to heading lock mode, with gain around 70%.

RVMX is REVO in my transmitter, It was turned off, now I just have to figure out how to set a gain switch.

Then farther down, it says if my tail pitch is not in the middle, I need to adjust the length of the rudder control rod. (this seems like the easiest option) but I would rather set the gain right before moving on to this option.

This is my rudder when my servo is at 90 degrees Rudder.jpg

Last edited:

Noob

So I tried a few things, and setting my trim to 92 kept the tail stable. Not sure if doing this is okay.

The helicopter is very stable at this setting with no drifting left or right. I went up and down and found the sweet spot.transmitter trim.jpg

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Sweet. That's awesome you got it working. A little high but hey if it works... go fly! Good luck and keep us posted and video of flight if you can.

Noob

Sweet. That's awesome you got it working. A little high but hey if it works... go fly! Good luck and keep us posted and video of flight if you can.
Well.... I went to spin it up and it wobbled and nicked my blades(I have spares) No matter what I do, it wants to wobble. Now my tail wants to go clockwise again, the trim does nothing. my rudder responds when I move my stick but it still wants to go clockwise and now my servo doesn't rest at 90 degrees. I adjusted the length of my control rod so my pitch is right in the middle of that shaft. it helped a little bit but I don't think being screwed into the arms by a few threads is a good idea.

I really want to fix this on my own, There's only one heli tech in my area and he's backed up a few months. I might just have to do that.

Last edited:

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Well.... I went to spin it up and it wobbled and nicked my blades(I have spares) No matter what I do, it wants to wobble. Now my tail wants to go clockwise again, the trim does nothing. my rudder responds when I move my stick but it still wants to go clockwise and now my servo doesn't rest at 90 degrees. I adjusted the length of my control rod so my pitch is right in the middle of that shaft. it helped a little bit but I don't think being screwed into the arms by a few threads is a good idea.

I really want to fix this on my own, There's only one heli tech in my area and he's backed up a few months. I might just have to do that.
Have you try changing your FBL unit double sided tape? I'm not sure if I mention this before. I'm at that somezheimer's age lol. You had things going in the right direction but during spooling up...all goes to hell. 3m tape works great for replacement.

Top Bottom