Quad Blade Torrent 110 to DX6I help!!

TazinKy

I'm a noob at programing the transmitters. I have an old Dx6i that i'm trying to get my new Blade Torrent 110 to work with. Has anyone tried this setup and got it to work yet? I need help bad! I have hooked it up to betaflight. it is communicating with the software.

Thanks for any help!

Admiral

Hi TazinKy, I do not have one but plenty of small quads.
What is communicating with Betaflight the Torrent or the DX61 ? ( should be both.)
Is the Torrent bound to the DX6i.
Make sure you have removed the blades.

I won't be around for the next few hours, if somebody else wants to chime in.

TazinKy

Hi TazinKy, I do not have one but plenty of small quads.
What is communicating with Betaflight the Torrent or the DX61 ? ( should be both.)
Is the Torrent bound to the DX6i.
Make sure you have removed the blades.

I won't be around for the next few hours, if somebody else wants to chime in.

Both are communicating in Betaflight. Quad is bound to the transmitter. In the simulator it's showing the quad spinning. The throttle sticks left and right movement is the only one that shows movement in Betaflight. It is not centered though. The manual says to set the travel for the servos to 150/150 or 148/148 but the transmitter only goes to 125. I'm not really sure where the adjustments are for these because their not named the same.

Thanks!

Admiral

I'm using Cleanflight not Betaflight so there may be some differences.
If I understand when you are on the receiver page you only see movement on the Yaw Slider ? (I assume your transmitter is Mode 2)
On the Receiver Page go to the Channel Map on the RH side a click the down triangle and select Spektrum / Gaupner / JR .

Hopefully that will change the mapping to the same as the Torrent, the instructions have been written for the later Transmitters that is why you can only get 125 on your Tx that is as far as it goes just use 125/125

TazinKy

I'm using Cleanflight not Betaflight so there may be some differences.
If I understand when you are on the receiver page you only see movement on the Yaw Slider ? (I assume your transmitter is Mode 2)
On the Receiver Page go to the Channel Map on the RH side a click the down triangle and select Spektrum / Gaupner / JR .

Hopefully that will change the mapping to the same as the Torrent, the instructions have been written for the later Transmitters that is why you can only get 125 on your Tx that is as far as it goes just use 125/125

I forgot to mention the throttle has input too.
This is the readings so far.
Throttle is 1026 - 1467
Roll is 1583 - 1976 with 1756 at the center reading.
Gear switch is changing the pitch reading from 988 in off position and 1358 on
I selected the Spektrum / Gaupner / JR setting as you said. I guess I am supposed to save after that? Am I supposed to do anything after that?
I still have nothing on the right stick yet.
After the drone is connected to the computer for a couple minutes, the drone starts beeping. Is the battery supposed to be connected while using Betaflight?
Thanks!

Admiral

Betaflight is pre-installed and should only require adding a battery, binding and installing the props to fly.
At this point I'm totally guessing it is nothing like I've seen before I suggest that we go back to the start and begin again.

1. Create a new model on the Tx and set it up according to page 7.
2. Bind the Tx to the Quad.
3. Connect to Betaflight go to the SETUP page and Reset the Settings, leave channel Mapping at default.
4 Go to the Receiver page, and check that you can see the Tx movements on the appropriate channels.

At this point if it still does not work and nothing on the Drone has been changed from new you probably have a hardware issue with either the Quad or the Tx.
If you bought it from the Local Hobby Store take it back to them as it will be under warranty, make sure you take the Tx with you.

Sorry I couldn't be of greater assistance.

Tony

Staff member
Some great information given there Admiral! These quads are getting harder and harder to setup lol.

TazinKy

Thanks for the help guys! I ended up buying a new DX6 Transmitter. My Dx6i was an older version. For some reason it would not fully sync up to the Torrent 110.

Tony

Staff member
Must be a DSM2 vs DSMX thing. Glad you have it figured out. How are you liking that DX6?

superjet800

Spektrum has setups that you can load onto a sd card for the 110 I worked for my old dx8. I can’t ever get the manual setups to work either....
here is the link for whatever reason I have to use a pc to get the site to work it won’t work on my phone
Setups for your Spektrum Radio: Spektrum - The Leader in Spread Spectrum Technology

Also remember that the throttle hold switch starts the blades spinning on quads( I sliced my finger pretty good and learned that the hard way)

Top Bottom