Trucks Cold weather

Adam

SO i have the famous rc help tmaxx and man when its windy and you cant fly this thing is a rush. So i noticed with cold weather it likes running richer and therefore burns through more fuel. Does this sound correct?

heli-maniac

yes cause the air is denser
wish it was cool here went to the fall nationals at Texas Motorplex to day left early to dang hot 99 for fall

Adam

dude its like 58 deg here it sucks and its windy for like the last two weeks hence the mcpx coming hopefully mon or tue

- - - Updated - - -

and yes tony this thing is running awesome i have gone through at least 3/4 gallon of fuel through this thing and only one glow plug the one it came with so far. It is awesome

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Like I told you on the phone. You will have to lean her out a little in colder weather. Did you ever get a heat gun? Take head temps till you get her right. It's not that hard to do. Probubly 1/2 turn give or take off for this time of year! lol. I did mine couple of weeks ago. Man it's lot quicker now than in hot weather!!! LOL

Adam

ya well at least i get to have fun developing rc plows while you can develop a heli with a towel to wipe sweat off lol i love snow and cant wait to see what the tmaxx can do in it. And yes sam i noticed that it performed alot better and more acceleration in this weather and i hope it continues in winter i wouldnt mind making a plow mod for this thing. HE HE im not that creative but i will try

- - - Updated - - -

And im just messing around Uri. I have known you for a little while and i like to mess around no pun intended

Tony

Staff member
You will have to lean her out a little in colder weather.

Actually as Jesse stated the colder it gets, the more fuel you will need to add. There is more oxygen in the air so you will need more fuel to account for it. If you lean it out in winter from the summer tune, more than likely it will be so lean it won't run, but if it does run, it will run hot as hell.

And Adam, I'm really glad this thing is still chuggin' along. I know it had great compression but I was not sure how long that .15 would last. You have surprised me and it's lasted a lot longer than I figured it would. But I'm only talking about the piston and sleeve ($36 I think). Just wait until it snows! Water proof the electronics with some silicone or balloons or both, and have a blast in the snow. Those tires are great in the snow.

Adam

oh it runs better and better everytime I think cause in getting the tuning dished in

murankar

Staff member
It's all good. I just left a country the sees -20 in the winter and to top it off it's a humid cold. It's the cold you feel in the bones even after wrapping up before going out. This should be a great break form the cold. I must be getting old because I am trying to migrate to south.

Top Bottom