First inverted, first loop, first flip, first oops in a while.

Slobberdog

Well as you can see from the title I have had an eventful flight, started with a few passes, then I was liking the way the heli felt as I had lowered my expo quite a bit, so thought I would have a bit of fun,

First I successfully flipped to inverted and held it there for a few seconds then flipped it back, whoa the heart rate went up a bit there, a bit more flying around took it a bit higher and at the end of the pass I decided to do a flip, that worked ok but lost to much altitude as did not quite time the neg pitch well.

So the last thing I tried was a loop, I used far to much altitude up cos of the amount of pitch I still had at top loop so as I was coming out of the bottom, I had a bit to much back elevator and stalled the blades, this is where the oops came in,

After the stall I regained control but I did not have the altitude left, so caught the tail in the grass and it stopped the little thing dead,

So now the repair list,

Tail torque tube gear stripped,
Tail fin mounting bracket broken
Front torque tube drive gear, ok

Think I got off light, have the gear here but need the fin mount,

Oh forgot to mention it was the 130x

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Re: First inverted, first roll, first flip first oops in a while.

Sucks about the crash, but now you know what NOT to do lol. Here is hoping you get it back in the air soon.

Slobberdog

Yeah thanks Tony, its a two min fix, have a spare standard fin here I think, and gear is easy to sort, left that as standard for just this reason, its a good sacrificial part,

Slobberdog

Well its all repaired, its so simple this little heli, good fun and easy repair

danhampson

that was quick kev. sounds like you where having a ball.

Slobberdog

Good adrenaline rush, love it, got it down to 30% expo but need to go a bit further I think, step back get used to the more direct feel and then lower the expo and try the manoeuvres again,

Weather not to good for the next few days so will get used to the drop in expo with some gentle flight time at work next week,

Lee

Glad you got it fixed quickly. Don't forget that neg pitch next time :)

Top Bottom