First successful flip

Slobberdog

Well after the try's that I done Friday, I got a break in the weather tonight, its still breezy but not to the point I can't fly, so that's what I did,

Got out first battery, was a trial with 30% expo and removed my d/r which I had set last time at 80%, found I had more direct feel and control but not to the point it was uncontrollable, done some random flying to get my feet in with the new settings, had a few moments as the bird now moves quick with stick inputs but have to be honest got my bail out starting to be there instinctively so no real scares.

Battery two, dropped the expo down to 23% as I want to get more response for manoeuvres and boy now the bird starts to become twitchy, spent most of my air time getting used to the feel now,

but by the end was doing OK so up comes that little Tony on the shoulder saying in my ear flip it, flip it,

so got some altitude and pulled back on the stick but not quite in time with the zero pitch so lost a bit of height, full power when right way up and had about 2ft left from the deck, oops heart pounding now......

Second try took it up to about 30 - 40ft and done it again, got the pitch right that time and it was seamless lost about five feet altogether, but still made the heart pound,

Sorry not on film as took the phone the hat mount but guess what I forgot, yep the hat, what a dummy!!!!!!!!!

Next time I WILL have video evidence.

But now I need to drain the adrenaline I have left, lol

Tony

Staff member
Why does everyone make me out to be the bad influence? lmao. Okay, so I am. Congrats on the flips bro!

Slobberdog

Thanks Treff, yes having fun with my little 130x, not got the cahunas to do it on the 450 yet, the 130 is a darn side cheaper to repair......

EyeStation

Everyone is going flip crazy! Good job Kev. Had to laugh about the hat though. Reminds me of getting out to the field without the rubberbands for my RCH trainer wing.

DAL2855

Banned
Tony, I wouldn't say you're a bad influence lol! It's good to hear that little Tony voice in our head telling us what to do next! I heard it when it kept telling me to attempt the flips and rolls, and apparently since I wouldn't listen, it did it for me when it rolled the bird upside down on me and forced me to react!

Great Job Kev! I know I'm loving doing these flips and rolls now that I know how to do them!

Dirk

Well done Kev! They do get easier with each one. You also start to push the limits, so a little self discipline is in order. Ask me, I know.

Slobberdog

Don't have to much courage I have shallow pockets, don't want to spend money crashing, although I have spent enough upgrading lol, but the 130xxx is my test bed learning platform, I have learnt how to fly with this heli, its been brill.

Chompwat

Flipping good show old boy!!!
I'm at the stage where I'm about to put the 3D blades on the 130x and try some flips.
I can do them backwards and forwards on my Nano and hold an inverted hover of sorts. Rolls are very scrappy affairs..
I was just plucking up the courage to give it a go on the 130x when the 450 crash has knocked my confidence a bit.
But hey, it looks like the sun could be out today and the trees aren't bending too much, so who knows? I may just give it a go.
Keep it up and I look forward to some vid! :victorious:

Tony

Staff member
Not to jack the thread, but keep the weighted blades on the 130 and try it. A lot of people, at least on the mcpx, liked the weighted blades over the 3d blades.

Top Bottom