Quad Gps Quad Video Dropping Frames & Audio Sync Issues

Tony

Staff member
Here is a video I just shot today. This started out with me wanting to know what you all though about the video quality. When I was flying, I had no idea what the video quality looked like. And as I was editing the video, I learned this quad is dropping frames like they are hot (drop it like it's hot, get it? lmao).

So this turned into a video of just what you get when you try to save money over the real thing. This is a Mavic clone, but I'm not going to say what one just yet. I'm not even going to say what quad this is just yet. But I do want to know what you all think about all of this. Be honest....

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
:offended: How dare they talk you into doing one of those videos LMAO! Anything you can fly, that you have no control of, is simply no fun at all. As for the video quality well lets just say it can use some fine tune adjusting but not bad.

Tony

Staff member
I had plans for this quad, but because of the video issues, those plans are not going to happen. I am going to make a video for the manufacturer tomorrow showing the severe dropped frames.

Stambo

The video quality is not terrible but with the lack of stabilisation, the dropped frames and the audio sync I would expect that to be a sub $150 quad.
Have you tried a different memory card?

murankar

Staff member
If this were a full production camera is say no not worth it. If you are going to use it for in flight videos or Ariel ground pounding I would say its going to be just fine. It's not a high end set up so I would not have high expectations.

For the cost effective entry level I would say its a go. If I was looking for the next upgrade I would say pass on it.

It seemed to handle the lighting changes. I didn't see a lot of aperture issues which switching directions. There was not a a lot of back lighting issues. So say give it a shot on a couple other videos and see what happens.

Top Bottom