Trucks Help with converting Pullstart to Rotostart

mrjordan

Hey guys,the images will make what im about to say so much clearer but here it goes
I recently purchased a Hobao Hyper 9 from a ebay seller,all is well,everything works apart from the Pullstart,fair enough, ive looked up and ive seen Rotostart as a more viable option. So before i actually purchase it i want to know if its compatible as theres like a round black circle that goes into the engine where the bearing is and can be pulled out,but it doesnt look like the Rotostart would work if i was to attempt to put it on there,i may be wrong but i just want an opinion ya know, Here are the images anyway
I do know its a .21 nitro engine by the way
P.S sorry for the amount of images lol,just wanted to provide as much detail as possible as i really need this fixed asap lol

jordan_farrell1's Library | Photobucket

Tony

Staff member
I don't think I have ever seen one like that. Usually thre is a large flat disk inside the engine that is hooked onto the crank and a shaft comes out the back. That shaft will then go into a one way bearing which grabs the shaft when you pull it. I have never seen one reversed like that. Short of finding a way to stick a shaft in that hole, I don't know if you can do it to this one. IMO, I would just order a new pullstart for it. Much easier lol.

mrjordan

I don't think I have ever seen one like that. Usually thre is a large flat disk inside the engine that is hooked onto the crank and a shaft comes out the back. That shaft will then go into a one way bearing which grabs the shaft when you pull it. I have never seen one reversed like that. Short of finding a way to stick a shaft in that hole, I don't know if you can do it to this one. IMO, I would just order a new pullstart for it. Much easier lol.

Yh it confused me aswell,i think its an internal bearing(one way bearing internal) im not sure lol as new to the hobby,ill just have to stick with pullstart and buy a Starter box lol as the pullstart that was originally on there just expanded as i removed it so yh lol, Thanks for the quick reply also

Tony

Staff member
You might be able to rewind that one. Just make sure you get the coil going in the right direction.

Top Bottom