I think I got it and then some other bits of news

murankar

Staff member
Today marked a day that I was going to solve this dang gum rate mode issue I have been having since switching to the zyx-s. First off other than moving the servo, adjusting the push rod and fussing with the firmware the only other thing I did was swapped a bearing in the tail slider control thing (the part the push rod hooks up to). Then I went back and mad a 2 twist adjustment in the push rod and added 5 clicks of trim in the firmware. I also raised the gain in the TX back to 35. Now it is holding a lot better than it did prior to today. I do have a very slight drift to the right that I think the trim can handle.

Now one thing I have discovered about the zyx-s is that the rate mode setting hates being on the ground, a lot. I get real bad torque caused drifting in the tail until it is airborne. I reall don't like this tendency and I think there is a pre comp for it in the software, not skilled enough to try it. I may go and bump the gain down to 30 and see what happens.

A few more things I did was jumped my head speed to 85% and raided the roll and flip gains to 75. I did a few pitch pumps, harp pumps almost decked the heli, and did not notice any bouncing in the rotor disk. I also adjust the piro gain upto 65 and did some piros and no bouncing in the tail so I guess that's good so far.

Now for the news: My dad and I were chatting up about power supplies and chargers. He did not know that their was a big difference in the band, style and type. He has work with electricity for 35+ years and kinda knows some stuff about this area. Anyhow I was telling him that I could have gotten more flights in yesterday had I had a better charger. My little 50w charger was going non stop for almost 6 hours. So he had asked me to send him some links to some chargers so he could get a better understanding of them. So I sent him the links to an iCharger 106B+ and a 206B+. I think I have enough wattage already to power either one. Who knows what this will net me, maybe a new charger. That's my day so far.

Top Bottom