IN A FOG

RMB677

Was flying on the front lawn this morning, all went well with the first battery. Did a couple of odd jobs outside and then went and grabbed a second battery for another flight. Sat down got the heli off the ground was in the air for maybe 2 min. then my glasses fogged, I mean totally. I had no idea where the heli was (front yard is long and narrow), whipped off the glasses and the heli was headed for a tree, managed to almost save it but landed hard at an angle. Results: bent feathering shaft and flybar, and stripped main gear. When taking things apart the one way bearing was seized into the hub and the bearing rods fell out when I tried tapping on it. I have a feeling this was not due to the accident. Also earlier this week I did hit a branch and messed up the canopy.

The ony cause for the fogging I can think of is that I worked up a bit of a sweat and when I sat dowm to fly the cool morning air cooled down my glasses while my face was still giving off moist heat. The effect was like walking into a steam room from outside.

Tony

Staff member
I have had that happen to my sunglasses. Not a good feeling lol. Sucks big time about the crash!

pvolcko

Oy. That sucks. Haven't had this happen when flying the helis, yet. Have had rain/mist hit and muddle up the vision, though. I took the glasses off and got it landed ASAP. Luckily it was one of the larger models and it wasn't too far away when the rain hit. If it were the 300 or ncpx or mcpx... might have had to land it in the sticks and hope for the best.

Top Bottom