Kev's 130xxx stories, doh I mean flights

Slobberdog

Well I went down the club field this morning and done a bit of flying with the club members, only used 2 batteries on the 130 to do a comparison between the Overlander and Nano Tech batteries, no video as not allowed to have mobiles on field when more than just myself flying, safety thing,

Was just starting the second flight and one of the guys was watching, he flys a vibe nitro and trex 700n as well, when I was finished we got talking and he made the comment about my little angry wasp, saying that I had great control over it and it looked really well set up, and said if I could fly that well with the 130 then one of the big birds would be a piece of cake, man didn't my head swell! Truth is I was only doing circuits, but it was quite breezy, after that we spoke about the 130 for a bit and what I had done with it, and he was generally interested as he has a nano and wants something for hall flying in the winter.

But back to the purpose of flying today my comparison, both batteries done 4 mins gentle circuits, piros and pitch pumps both in idle up with 85% v-curve

Battery 1.

Overlander 450 mah 40c, good power no noticeable drop of either, came down with 3.75v per cell and put back approx 250 mah

Battery 2.

Nano tech 450 mah 65c, like the other bat good power no drop off, but, came down and as I was spooling down hit the lvc, but when testing the battery had 3.35v per cell and put back approx 300 mah,

I thought I would give the Nano techs a try and they will be ok, but got to be honest I think the 65c might be a slight exaggeration maybe, I like the Overlander batteries and they don't cost a packet either.

Just my 2c

Slobberdog

Well had 3 batteries at work today, spent the time fine tuning my curves and expo values,

found I was running at 100-100-90-100-100 so brought that down to 100-90-82.5-90-100 to bring my head speed down slightly, have to look at battery values later to see how this has altered the amount I take out,

Also brought the expo down again on both positions,

pos 1 I had 25% now at 22%, will leave this like this now for windier days,

pos 2 I had at 20% now down to 15%, feels alot more responsive, but no more than when I had done no mods and was running at 45% expo, that just shows how much stability the mods and the higher motor power/head speed has given me.

this will stay at this value for a while, until my confidence and flying improves more I think.

Slobberdog

Well it finally happened I binned the 130xx, had a tail wobble appear at the start of a battery so was bringing it in to have a look at it, just about to land and the "c" gear disintergrated, Heli went into a spin and I hit throttle hold just before the Heli hit the concrete of our drainage pool, glad there was no water in there.

Damage

Seems at the moment to be the missing gear and a set of blades that have chunks missing, will check out later when home from work, and report back

Oh well never mind, repair and re fly

Slobberdog

Well after taking the bird apart, I found that it was only a set of blades and my tail pitch slider that bit the dust due to the disintegration of my "C" gear, oh well rebuilt now and ready to fly again,

Top Bottom