Lees Update

Lee

Hi guys,
Still no internet in the house. Just my excuse to eat MacDonalds :D
I have been flying everyday with my new friend. On the way to my wifes work is where the field is. So every morning i fly after dropping her off, and every evening before picking her up :D.
Warp has has a beating. The new Hawk RC tail is solid as a rock. Not a bit of vibration anywhere.
Got it set to gov now on the YEP, getting 8mins now instead of the 4.5 on curves running 2300 headspeed.
Funny thing, i was getting 3 mins at first and couldn't understand why it felt like more, but my batteries were dying after 3mins??? Then i discovered my timer was switching off everytime i went inverted LOL. As i was flying 60% of the time inverted, i was actually flying for 6/7mins not 3 DOH!!!

Had a vibration on take off and tracking was out. Couldn't understand why, until i took the head off. The hub was bent?? Strange since i haven't flown it for 3 months. Then i remembered, in Mexico it fell off a shelf onto a marble floor head first. That must have bent it. Used a drill to straighten it until my new one arrives.
Got a bit of work doing some aerial shots for an estate agent. 350euros for 20mins work, not bad eh?

Well i'm still alive and kicking. Hope for things to settle down again soon so i can get my fix of RC Help every day.
Hope you're all well. :D Fly hard :D

Slobberdog

Glad to see you doing well Lee, have the fun flying now while your still looking for a full time gig, hope you get the internet thing sorted its been rather quiet around here lately,

Lee

Just flew another 4 batteries :D Loving it. This Warp is awesome. Have i said that before? LOL I'm running it at 2300 which is plenty for smooth 3D. I get 7mins no probs on a 1300mah battery.

Graham Lawrie

Nice one Lee:) The weather in UK is awesome:) cant remember a spell like this for at least 8 years. Not been on the sim for a long time due to my unbeaten run on the helis. Could do with a bit of the picture money as well:)

Tony

Staff member
Hey Lee, glad to hear that things are going well for you.

On your DX8, go into the timer menu and select "Throttle Out". NO matter where your stick is, if you are in idle up, it will start counting down. Once you hit hold, the timer will stop. Hope this helps. It's what I run on mine.

Lee

Thanks guys.
Flying loads but no job.
Tony, i set it to throttle one time at 55%. So as soon as i lift off it starts and keeps going. Works perfect now. :D Flew this morning and will be out with all the guys here this evening.

Lee

Forgot to say. one of the 4 guys i'm flying with has a 1/4 scale Turbine Airwolf!!!! I haven't seen it yet, but you can bet i'm getting pics of that and video if he gets it in the air.

wolfman76

I think he joined a posted photos of the detailed cockpit already Lee and if it is the same guy man is the cockpit detailed!!!!

murankar

Staff member
Yeah I saw those. Lee you know that if you do not video or take pics tony will ban you. Lol. Loss of mod status is at hand.

Tony

Staff member
I don't know if I would go that far lmao. But serious consequences are at stake here lmao. Love the airworlf, and it being a turbine is even better.

Lee, glad you got your timer figured out. Now, no more forgetting to push that little button lol.

Hope you get some interwebz soon as we need some video!

Whirlybird

Forgot to say. one of the 4 guys i'm flying with has a 1/4 scale Turbine Airwolf!!!! I haven't seen it yet, but you can bet i'm getting pics of that and video if he gets it in the air.

WOW!! See if he can "grass cut" like I can with my little Airwolf :lol:

1/4 Scale :yikes: He could probably fit a hobbit in there!!!

Top Bottom