Trucks My Latest Purchase

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
OK Cool. I'll figure out where to post the link to pics or you could suggest where to post it. They will probublly be ready in A couple of days. Well off th the docters I go the to work.

Tony

Staff member
You can post it in the lounge if you want.

On a side note related to the thread, the T-Maxx fired. There was all kinds of crap in the engine and had to order new parts, but it fired. I had to come inside for a bit, and when I got back out there, I tried to start it again, and the starter battery died on me, go figure. I'm charging it now and will try and get this thing running. Lets just say, this is one of the worst 'good' motors I have ever dealt with. And I still don't know if the transmission is good...

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I did not see your post so I put it in the news section. Glad to see her fire. Did you get it refired? How dose it run? I'm either taking my boat out or my t max or both Sunday. It's going to be 60 out and sunny!

Tony

Staff member
that will work. And yes, it did fire and like all .15 T-Maxx engines, likes to run at about 275º no matter what. But man that motor is strong now that I found the compression leak. Time to clean her up, rebuild the shocks, set the camber and toe, and put her on the market. This truck will make someone very happy! It's a blast to drive, the two speed is spot on, and reverse works as well. And, it has two speeds in reverse although I don't suggest trying it hahaha, it goes pretty good.

I have some video, but I'm putting a new trans in my car and that is taking up my time. I'm hoping to have time to edit it about Thursday or so.

Tony

Staff member
I will get it uploaded soon. Just finished the install of my M6 trans in my Z and took it for a test drive. Thread on the other forum for more info. So, once I get done tuning the car for the new trans, I will have some more time. And when I catch up on some sleep and stop hurting so bad. I'm in pain right now lmao. I don't think I have hurt this bad ever. Guess it goes to show what happens as you age.

Whirlybird

Talk about age . . . in my younger days, while painting with my father, I used to jump off 6 foot scaffolding to save time getting down (actually, because I was a "He-Man" and could do it). My dad would say, "You're going to feel it when you 40!"

Never new how smart my dad was back then :yikes:

Last edited:

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Hell, you should get to feel what I feel like after 30 plus years behind the wheels of these trucks! Gets toward the end of the week and I can hardly walk!

Tony

Staff member
Charging up the keychain cam, and will try to get some onboard with these today, or tomorrow.

Top Bottom