My New HD Video Glasses

Tony

Staff member
I told you guys that once I tested out the glasses, I would do a write-up on them. Well here it is.

I purchased the camera from THESE GUYS on eBay. You can see the actual product that I purchased HERE.

The video quality is what you would expect from a camera this small and cheap. It does record in 720, but I'm thinking it's more 720i and not 720p. It's still pretty fuzzy, even in bright light. You can see that in the video below.

One thing you are going to notice in the video below is the sound. It's like the modulation was turned WAY up on the mic. I actually had to turn the volume way DOWN when editing the video just to make it half way audible. But this is a cheap clone camera from china, what do you expect?

I decided that I would take the glasses apart and look at the mic that was in it. When I finally found it (it was under the camera ribbon), I pulled back the felt and saw what looked like loose metal shavings in there. I took my exacto and started trying to pull it out. Well, this was the coating on the disk in there. This destroyed the mic and there was no "real" sound getting through.

I remembered that I had my 480 glasses still and the audio was okay on those. So I decided to tear it apart and unsolder it. I swapped them out, and boom, modulation issue resolved. The sound is now clear, but unfortunately it's dark outside so no testing with the heli, which is louder than I talk. But I did some audio tests and they sounded pretty good.

So if you want a cheap pair of glasses with a half way good HD camera in them, these are pretty good. I did pair it with a good class 10 SD card which is why the video is NOT jumpy like my last videos were with the old glasses. You can see the card by CLICKING HERE.

So in conclusion, these glasses are NOT a gopro, but they are good enough to feed our addiction for videos here on the forum.

Just Flying - YouTube

Tony

Staff member
It's not as bad as the last pair of glasses lol. But, it's not near what my other camera will put out. I did a test with the msr for the audio here in the house, and I think the audio is going to be okay with the new mic. We will find out when I get a chance to fly next. Who knows when that will be though. My flying skills are suffering. Bad.

Derek

Yeah, for the price..the video was pretty good but, yeah, the sound really sucked, lol. Nonetheless, the video quality is better than my keychain cam.

Tony

Staff member
I will try to get another video here shortly when the sun comes up to demonstrate the sound as it is now. Just have to remember what battery is charges and needs to be discharged lmao.

Tony

Staff member
Here is an update to this thread. I have been in contact with the seller of these glasses, and they have shipped me another pair. I will compare these to the ones I have now and post up if that audio quality was just a fluke. If the audio on these is the same, then I'm going to hunt down some microphones for them and install them myself and see what happens. But I think I will have a good pair with this one. Fingers crossed. I will let you know when I get them.

PaulRC

I bought one of these glasses(Camera Eyewear v13). 1080p 5MB. It's just below average for quality, considering the price. Video at low light is horrible. The best out come for it, is on Very Sunny days, no clouds. Also don't video take towards the sun, as the lenses seems sensitive to light. Take videos away from light/sunlight. Also I do very slow head movements as much as possible other wise the picture becomes choppy. Best for a stand still kinda video taking(try not to move your head). Battery life is less than 1-2 hours. Charge time is around 3-4 hours. Still picture taking is good quality. Is it better than a gopro quality recording? No, but it's not as expensive as a gopro and all of it's accessories. Would I recommend people to buy these camera glasses? No, buy the gopro hero3(black edition) and all of it's accessories, if you can afford it. If your budget is very minimal, try these out if you must.

Top Bottom