700 My New T-Rex 700X Build

Heliman450

Hi all,

Let's start simply with a single picture :wall:

016_Brothers.JPG

Looking good now. Shows the difference to my 550 quite well I think.

016_Brothers.JPG

Heliman450

Here goes, lets start with a few and see how it goes :biggrin1:

02_Job 1_small.JPG 03_Job 2_small.JPG

First job to load up a new battery and fit the pins to my digital calliper. Must make sure the tools are working ok.

More to come tomorrow..................

Bye now!

03_Job 2_small.JPG

02_Job 1_small.JPG

Last edited:

Heliman450

Hi again, photos for next phase of the build.

Parts for page 6 01_P6 Parts.JPG Problem #1, the link length doesn't match the instructions 02a_Problem 01.JPG

Links needed a tap to start them off 02b_Problem 01.JPG Start length for the finished links 02c_Problem 01.JPG

02d_Problem 01.JPG Let's see if this is a major problem as all the link rods are the same length. Looks as though the instructions are a copy/paste nightmare. Note that they call the link 'Elevator Ball Link', which it isn't.

01_P6 Parts.JPG

02a_Problem 01.JPG

02b_Problem 01.JPG

02c_Problem 01.JPG

02d_Problem 01.JPG

Last edited:

trainrider06

I'd forgotten about that nifty link measuring do-hicky you have there Phil. Thats a nice tool!
So what are the metal collars for on the link ends???? A little safety precaution in case of a split link???

Heliman450

I'd forgotten about that nifty link measuring do-hicky you have there Phil. Thats a nice tool!
So what are the metal collars for on the link ends???? A little safety precaution in case of a split link???

Hi Rodney, I'm not sure, maybe just some extra bling :biggrin1: . Loads more photos to come............................ back to work!

Heliman450

Next batch..................

04a_Problem 02.JPG Instructions say outer hole and factory loose fit put the ball into the the inner hole :warning: 04b_Problem 02.JPG

I wonder which is the correct one as it's already glued into the outer hole? I need some more coffeeeeeeee!

- - - Updated - - -

Moving on to pages 6 and 7..................

05_P6 and 7 Parts.JPG 06_Base Fixings.JPG The loose fit of parts placed [some] 10 mm screws into some of the base fittings - 6 mm needed [for the middle ones but the four corners need 12 mm to fit the landing skids]

07_Left Side.JPG 08a_Bad Diagram.JPG Not a very clear location for the 'Mounting Bolt'

08b_Actual Position.JPG Here's correct. [Don't forget to glue these screws before fitting the lower sides as they have no access holes in the red-coloured trims]

04a_Problem 02.JPG

04b_Problem 02.JPG

05_P6 and 7 Parts.JPG

06_Base Fixings.JPG

07_Left Side.JPG

08a_Bad Diagram.JPG

08b_Actual Position.JPG

Last edited:

Heliman450

Damn their manual is BAD. Guess they figure if you are buying a 700 you should know how to build one.

I guess those with most experience only use specific information. The length of the links are most important and they've messed that up big style. Fortunately, my skills are good enough to spot it and be prepared for the investigation to come. If the instructions are correct, then they packed the wrong sized links.

Good job they aren't writing the instructions for a real heli!

Heliman450

Hi all,

Sorry about this but the attachment bug is back again and my next session of uploads won't work. Only thing I can do apart from giving up all together is try a new thread as previously. Apologies to Tony if this gives him some extra headaches. I'll include a link to the new thread.

Bye for now.

Back again, sorry that didn't work either. http://www.rc-help.com/showthread.p...-Build-The-saga-continues&p=137317#post137317

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Try clearing your browser cache, deleting all of the cookies and so on. Maybe this is a bad cache/cookie deal.

Heliman450

Try clearing your browser cache, deleting all of the cookies and so on. Maybe this is a bad cache/cookie deal.

Cheers Tony, I'll have a look but my virus software should be doing this. Maybe one of the updates has changed a setting.

In the meantime, I've prepared two pdf versions of PowerPoint with all the photos in.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi all, let's have another go...................

View attachment Align T-Rex 700X Photo Sequence 01.pdf

View attachment Align T-Rex 700X Photo Sequence 02.pdf

Hey! Looking good now! For those who really like to see pictures here............

07_All Parts In.JPG

Thanks very much for the suggestion Tony :biggrin1: :yourock: :respekt:

07_All Parts In.JPG

Heliman450

Hi all,

Here's a couple of photos from today's activity to get the juices flowing whilst I put together my next PowerPoint collection. It's a much better environment to work in than directly into the Forum when there are so many photos to share and an advantage is that viewers can download the pdf. Here goes....

Large and larger! 01_IMG_1198S.JPG Just look at these shiny goodies to be assembled :biggrin1: 02_IMG_1199S.JPG

Back to work on photo sequence 03!

01_IMG_1198S.JPG

02_IMG_1199S.JPG

Heliman450

Hi all,

Here are a few photos to continue with the wiring issue.

03_IMG_1264S.JPG

Not the prettiest of arrangements (ignore the green cable tie) but I wanted to check out some rough cable runs with a side arrangement before finalising and cutting anything.

04_IMG_1265S.JPG 05_IMG_1266S.JPG

Returning to the Align preferred position up front I thought to turn the ESC round. It works better but of course some cable mods are required. I also included a couple of batteries for good measure. I'm also thinking to fit the gyro in their #2 position on the small square under the black ESC cable. Overall, it gives the most tidy arrangement and it should be possible to fit the servo wiring easier with a bit of slack in them.

Any feedback much appreciated. I'm not rushing this part as the gyro isn't available yet.

P.S. I wonder why they always skimp on the wires from the motor :homer:

03_IMG_1264S.JPG

04_IMG_1265S.JPG

05_IMG_1266S.JPG

Last edited:

Heliman450

Hi again,

Just a quick point that I edited thread #8 [bracketed so] to clarify a couple of things I noticed later on. Note that up to now the only glued bits are as follows:

Ball links, rotor head feather shaft and the bottom (middle) mounting bolt as it has no access once the lower side sections are fitted. I always go round glueing stuff when I'm sure that nothing needs to be undone due to an oversight.

Heliman450

Hi all,

Two photos for those picture hungry members and visitors.

017_IMG_1287S.JPG 018_IMG_1290S.JPG

All this bling getting covered up? I think it looks better without the canopy :twothumbsup:

017_IMG_1287S.JPG

018_IMG_1290S.JPG

You should take a look at my topic to see how the components are mounted, routed, and wired. It might help you out. You're gonna need that front tray for your lipo to power the electronics if you go that route

Top Bottom