Not a scary lunch at all.

EyeStation

Well, at least not as scary as yesterday.
I repositioned my gyro on the 300x yesterday and went through the steps on the gyro for setup.
Little did I know that the position change, even though still horizontal, still needed some changes from the default 300x settings in the AR7200BX.
Tail correction and swash correction both needed to be changed. Discovered after setting the heli on the pad and started to spool up. All caught without incident. But no flight yesterday.
Spent time this morning going through step "G" a few more times after reading a few recent posts and found out another mistake I made yesterday was setting my collective pitch while my T-Hold switch was activated.
Today I set it up without the TH and found a nice compromise of ± Pitch and 0° at midstick.

So I thought, "Let's try this thing NOW!"
I packed up the TX, 300X and another battery and headed off to the parking garage down the road, (It's still raining here, like on hour 20).
Spool up was smooth, skids got light about 55% stick and off the ground by 60% with a slight left aileron, and forward elevator drift. A couple quick tail pushes stopped hard, so I set her down and took the gyro from 70 to 60 on the TX.
Back off the ground again feeling comfortable as heck. The drift is nothing compared to what I deal with on my other setups, so the slight sticking was a breeze. A couple more 1/4 and 1/2 pyros and the tail softened up nicely.
Started some tail in forward and back passes and the headspeed started to drop. I forgot to set the timer.
Brought her back to home position, hit the TH and put down the TX and smiled like a Trick or Treat'r with a full bag o candy.
The smoothest Heli I have flown so far. My hands barely got wet and I think my "Body English" was minimal too.
I have to work on the drift, and also getting her off the ground closer to midstick.
It was a fun lunch for sure. Sorry no video, but I did not think it was gonna go this smooth.

djb

pvolcko

Yup. Default is for horizontal, plugs back, inverted mounting. On the top of the tail case area you effectively reversed tail and ele correction directions.

Glad you got it test flown and all is good. It's a fun heli.

EyeStation

Let me ask, Since I noticed this forward and left drift, Is there any gyro adjustment I can use that would do the same thing as a subtrim in the TX. Would I possibly go to that step G of the AR7200BX and offset the center, or do I attempt this in somewhere else in the menu? I know my "G" step was eyeballed for 90° servo arm position, and the links adjusted for level swash with swash leveling tool.
Thanks in advance,
Dave

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Step G is correct! You have your leveler tool? You can also do it thru parameter A for field programming

Last edited:

pvolcko

There is also a flight parameter you can adjust to dial in a new center position on the swash.

If you tap the button on the 7200BX the light will flash quickly. Setting A in this mode is the swash center adjustment. You use the cyclic stick to move the swash in the direction you want to recenter. So if it is skewing forward and left, you can dial in some backward and right cyclic to counter. You can reset your un-saved adjsutment by moving rudder left of right. Once you move off of this setting (by tapping the button) you will save the adjustment and your step G will no longer be the same settings. So be careful with this.

Left drift is normal especially when you are close to the ground and in ground effect. Forward drift may indicate you have a CoG problem. Neither necessarily indicate a servo/swash/head setup problem.

Top Bottom