600 Pimp my Chaos 600E Pro

callsign4223

Staff member
The best thing to break the fear of flying is a mcpx. You can throw it around, crash it, then go set it back upright and keep going. Gives you that confidence in real life that the sim can't quite do.

Lee

How can that be. My videos are boring, have you watched them lol.

Here I am hovering
Here I am again hovering
Yet again here I am hovering
Oops something new, nope just hovering. I really need to break the fear of flying real soon .

LMAO :D Well its not just that. My internet isn't the fastest and to upload a video of me hovering around for 14mins would take a day. Thats a day that i can't do anything else online or it will take two days LOL. Don't worry i'll try to get a cool video up for you guys tomorrow, if i can make it two flights in a row without issue :D
You def need a throw around heli Matthias, that you can crash pick up and crash again and again without fear. A sim is good but nothing beats the real thing. Then once you've done it for a few packs on something like a MCPX or similar, you'll do it on the 450 or Protos without even batting an eyelid. :thumbsup:

Tony

Staff member
The best thing to break the fear of flying is a mcpx. You can throw it around, crash it, then go set it back upright and keep going. Gives you that confidence in real life that the sim can't quite do.

This is not entirely true. I have the mcpx and I have beat the hell out of it. Get me on a 450 or bigger, and it's "Hover Time" lmao. I find it VERY hard to crash when you are just hovering hahaha.

We are going to have to change this with the 600 though.

murankar

Staff member
Yes this is true. I have to do the same. I do not want to commit blasphemy with my new heli. A Protos with training gear, real funny.

Adam

:Your flying is so smooth and i hope my flying flows like yours some day. Now there is no way i can fly a mcpx like that but i think i can get the raptor to do that

murankar

Staff member
Good save at the end. Your dog was very lucky to have been stopped.

Nice flying, learning a new trick? Saw the tick-tocks.

Lee

Thanks guys,
She flies really well. I'm just going to take it easy for the first few flight while everything settles in. Then i'll let her rip. Tictocs i can already do, but the last time stripped a servo wheel, so i'm just doing slow smooth flying for the next few flights.
The head speed at 75% is 1900 and at 95% is 2300. Theres a huge difference in how crisp the controls feel at 2300 over 1900. I only flicked it to 2300 for the tic toc. The rest was 1900.

Lee

So i thought i'd have a go at autos today. i set up at about 100ft coming slowly towards me and cut the throttle. She started to descend smoothly with loads of head speed. My plan was on the first attempt to bring it into a hover about 10ft up then switch throttle back on and go back up again, like a dummy run. It came down beautifully and into a hover. So i switched the throttle hold back on and...... nothing :eek: I'm 10ft in the air with no power and the head speed is dropping quickly. She came down a bit too hard and a broke my second set of landing skids DOH!!!! Well could have been worse. I'm gonna make some from aluminium strips so they just bend and i can bend them back again.
I think that my soft spool up was the problem. It didn't have enough time to get the headspeed back up. Oh well you live and learn. I should have just landed it, because it came in sweet. :D

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
You trying to Make for all the times you didn't crash on this bird? Lol ;) hahaha jk!

Sucks though...

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

murankar

Staff member
I know scorpion escs have a soft start delay. I have mine maxed out. What happens on mine is if I throw the hold switch I have X amount of time before soft start kicks back in. See if you have that option.

Tony

Staff member
Video or it didn't happen... You know the rules :chuckles:

Sucks though but you should know, just bring it in and land it as youngblood showed then spool back up and do it again. I'm sure this heli of mine will be doing that a lot (I hope lol)

Lee

Somebody is ready for action again. :)
I went to pick up some landing gear from the LHS, that they said would be in last week. Well what do you know, it wasn't in yet :(
So i made my own from a strip of aluminium.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

100_3010.jpg100_3012.jpg100_3013.jpg

100_3010.jpg

100_3012.jpg

100_3013.jpg

Top Bottom