Progress = new ways of crashing?

pvolcko

So, I was flying my 300X yesterday. Doing more work on rainbows (side in ele rainbows, lower to the ground, etc.) and also "wall" maneuvers. Got to the end of the battery, having a great flight. Decide to bring it back in nose in at a moderate clip and then wall stop about 20 ft in front of me with a tail down, skids in stop. Then level back to nose in, then land.

Flew it in, pulled back and hard positive collective, wall stopped great.

Eased up collective and... I didn't get the nose pitched back down quickly enough.

Thump, straight down on the tail. :)

Pushed the tail boom back into the frame, took a little bit of material off the belt. Thought I was clear. Then I looked at the tail case. It was all jacked up. Ended up spliting the tail rotor half, in half lengthwise.

Easy enough fix. Cleaned things up.

But the crash was a new way to go in for me. Must be making progress.

Tony

Staff member
The smiley face up there says it all. Here's to getting back in the air very soon.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
that was a nice description! And yes you are making progress.. youll see al sorts of new crashes hhahha :D

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
LMAO! Westy looks like its going to stick with ya for ever. As for the nose in landing, you brave I don't even attempt. looks cool though.

Last edited:

pvolcko

Wasn't planning to land nose in. Just wall stop it and then hover and turn for the landing. Got a bit ahead of myself. :)

Top Bottom