Trucks Rc Help Tmaxx upgrade

Adam

So im the proud owner of the Tmaxx Tony rebuilt and made those excellent videos for us rc junkies lol. Well I decided it was time to upgrade to this day and age and toss the FM TX and get 2.4 yay. i also dont like using batteries in the truck so i got a battery pack that will mount on the front shock tower and can charge it after every use. Which by eliminating the battery box I can install a on board temp gauge i know you will like that one tony. And i have had a few problerms learning nitro engines lol but if these things solves some of my electronic problems and now that i have succeeded to really tune a engine it is time to tear down and clean everything again.

Tony

Staff member
Those onboard temp gauges are great if you only have one nitro vehicle. Just remember, you cant' compare that one to another one, they are known to be off by quite a few degrees. As for the 2.4, it's the only way to go. No more long antenna lol. And they make Rx packs that go back there in teh battery tray where they are now.

Adam

Umm I am putting the the new rx in the same place as the old one so do i move it to where the battery tray is? And i went with the Traxxas TQi 3 channel Transmitter with the 5816 rx i believe.

- - - Updated - - -

And went with an 6v 2500 mah battery for the truck.

Tony

Staff member
When I stated Rx pack, I meant the battery. Rx will go in the stock location.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Adam, I have a hump back rx battery pack in mine. There should be a spot on the bat box to install a plug to charge the bats!

Adam

So I got the battery and the TQi 2.4 gh all in two days. Got it all wired and binded setup and let me tell you it is like driving a whole new truck. Especially now that i have figured out how to tune a nitro engine haha still a beginner at it though it seems like it is easier in the warm temps idk. but now to take it out on the dirt again now that i have control of it again. Ya some wires were bad on the batteries that would cause it to stay full throttle.

Tony

Staff member
I'm glad you got it all figured out. Now, find some jumps and air it out on VIDEO!!!! :chuckles:

Tony

Staff member
Adam, where ya at bro? Haven't seen you on here in a while. Hope everything is okay.

Top Bottom