Boats Spartan upgrades!

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
:twothumbsup::twothumbsup::twothumbsup:

Well I've been bussy the last few weeks. Doing some upgrading to my spartan. First thing I did was upgrade the cooling system. Heat is a distroyer of motors and esc's. Stock Traxxas cooling systems are marginal in efficiency. So I went to a duel water pickup rudder. Then a duel water exit. Instead of using a single water line to cool both the esc and the motor, there is now two lines. One for the esc and one for the motor.

Next was to do something about this boats tendency to chine walk. Hence CW. I'm adding two more trim tabs to the existing two tabs. Plus I'm installing trim tab adjusters to make them easer to adjust. Should take care of the CW.

Next is the motor cooling jacket. Stock one is made out of silicon. They are prone to leaking. First time out with the boat I had water inside the boat. I purchased a upgraded cooling jacket. Made out on aluminum. It's saposed to stop the leak! Lol.

Lastly I'm installing an aftermarket stainless steel prop. Anyone who knows boats knows the benefits of SS props over factory. Stock props on these boats are plastic. You get a lot of blade flexing with plastic. None with SS.

I don't think I'll do anything with the motor or esc unless I lose them to the devil smoke! Lol. This boat will run well in excess of 50 mph. That's fast enough! Unless someone prods me into going faster that is! Ha ha ha ha!

:evil::evil::evil:

Last edited:

Morelight

Fearless Freep
Sam I think you forgot to add one last thing before you put water under the Spartan. You're gonna need some downforce, or that sucker will take off first chop you hit :dejection: Go with a 12S setup and see what happens?

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Sam I think you forgot to add one last thing before you put water under the Spartan. You're gonna need some downforce, or that sucker will take off first chop you hit :dejection: Go with a 12S setup and see what happens?

I could put wings on it! Lol it takes a 6s set up. I'll put the 12s in it if you pay for the new esc and motor! Lol

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
:evil::evil::evil:

Well I'm finally done with the spartan upgrades. Hear are some pics!

Boat-2..jpg Boat-1.jpg

In these pics, you can see the upgraded cooling jacket that I installed on the Motor! pluss the seporate water lines comeing from the pick up!

Boat-3.jpg

Hear you can see the duel water pickups running into the hull. The quad set up on the trim tabs with the trim tab adjusters. Stock there is only the two outside tads and no adjusters! It comes with A single water picup rudder!

Boat-5.jpg

More of the same but you can see the stainless sharpened and ballanced prop! Can't wait to try this puppy! LOL

Spartan-3.jpg

Hear is the left side of the boat. You can just make out the duel water outlet on the side of the hull. It's in front of the S. Kind of hard to make out!

Spartan-5.jpg

This is the top of the boat. My Go Pro mount is mounted on the front ou the hatch!

Spartan-8.jpg

And the right side!

It's raining here today or Id be out running her at extreemly high speed! LOL

:hdbng::hdbng::hdbng:

Boat-2..jpg

Boat-3.jpg

Boat-5.jpg

Spartan-1.jpg

Spartan-5.jpg

Spartan-8.jpg

Spartan-3.jpg

Boat-1.jpg