Trucks T-maxx 2.5

bigone5500

I suggest putting one of these on your throttle linkage in case the batteries die in your truck full throttle. It's a small spring that attaches easily to the transmission and is adjusted by a small collar which is slipped onto the throttle linkage. I actually made mine but they can be purchased online.

Spring:
Spring, throttle return (2) (Jato®, T-Maxx® 2.5R, 3.3) | Traxxas

Collar:
Collars, screw (2)/ set screws, 3mm (2) | Traxxas

How it works:
TMaxx 2.5 Throttle Return Spring Action <--- link to my google photos page. Note the truck is a 2.5 model but has the 3.3 engine.

Tony

Staff member
If you are truly at factory settings and it's still running hot, then either you are not getting pressure from the exhaust or you still have a blockage somewhere.

bigone5500

If hot at factory settings then maybe open the high speed needle a little? Should see a little unburned fuel coming out of the exhaust.

Tony

Staff member
That is because it is air. An engine is nothing but a big air pump, so yes, air is going to come out of the exhaust. If there is no smoke, then the engine is too lean. See my previous posts for a solution to that problem.

Tony

Staff member
If he is truly at factory settings, then it should be running pig rich. Which leads me to believe it is either NOT at factory settings or there is a blockage somewhere. I have given all steps in how to clean everything out, including HOURS of videos showing how to completely rebuild everything on the truck including the carb. So it is now up to him to find the issue and resolve it.

Top Bottom