450 Tarot or CopterX

mart123

Hi guys ..as the title suggests I need some opinions on choice for a new addition to my 450 Trex sport v2.
Pros and cons of different kits.
Looked at Copt 450 black angel belt .
CoptX 450 PRO V4/5 torque tube.
And the Tarot kits too.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
Regards mart

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry shudda mentioned Fbl.

Tony

Staff member
In all honestly, they are about the same kit. IMO, I would probably go tarot first though. Decent kits, but will need some minor upgrades such as gears and such.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey mart123, stay away from the CopterX. I just received my frame only and I'm disappointed. I should of went with my first choice and got the the Tarot. The Tarot,in my opinion, is better built then the CopterX.

Tony

Staff member
Well there ya go lol. I have thought a long time about getting a tarot just to build and see how it does.

mart123

I too thort Tarot...but I fancied a challenge and got the copterX 450BA Black Angel...:lol:.....I will bang some half decent electronics in it and see how it goes....

mart123

Savox SH-1290MG Digital Ultra Fast Tail Servo/ or JR ELG01 Quick Release Wide Voltage Tail Mini Servo.

460MX Brushless Motor(3200KV)...(a spare I have )

Hitec HS-65MG Servos for cyclic

MSH Brain/ikon.......Brain seems easier to purchase

AR6210 RX same as in my trex 450,as im only using a DX6i

ESC I use RCE-BL45X Brushless ESC(Governer Mode) in my other heli........but im not sure if its enough? or is this one too much 70A Brushless ESC(Governor Mode) RCE-BL70G...?

need youre help on this guys please

regards mart

mart123

savox sh-1290mg digital ultra fast tail servo/ or jr elg01 quick release wide voltage tail mini servo.

460mx brushless motor(3200kv)...(a spare i have )

hitec hs-65mg servos for cyclic

msh brain/ikon.......brain seems easier to purchase

ar6210 rx same as in my trex 450,as im only using a dx6i

esc i use rce-bl45x brushless esc(governer mode) in my other heli........but im not sure if its enough? Or is this one too much 70a brushless esc(governor mode) rce-bl70g...?

Need youre help on this guys please

regards mart

the one thing i am unsure about is the esc, is 45 amps enough.?

murankar

Staff member
45 Amos should be fine for a 450 heli. My scorpion motor runs at 45 Amos and my ESC was a 45 amp. Under normal load I barely pull 20 amps. My newest ESC is a 50 amp castle Phoenix edge lite. Works just fine for me.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Tony

Staff member
The Align 450's actually come with a 35a ESC. That is what I"m using on my Align Pro V2. Stock align ESC.

holtneil

Hi guys my copterx black angel came with a 50 amp ESC , I like my copterx some parts have been a let down but its a great flyer , tarot are the best clones out there , but ended up with the angel and i have had it for 2 years had well over 200 flights parts are easy to get and cheap but it really need a soft start when the motor kickis in the heli spins 180 degs

mousie

Hi guys my copterx black angel came with a 50 amp ESC , I like my copterx some parts have been a let down but its a great flyer , tarot are the best clones out there , but ended up with the angel and i have had it for 2 years had well over 200 flights parts are easy to get and cheap but it really need a soft start when the motor kickis in the heli spins 180 degs

I would take a close look at the chaos 450 black widow. I have 2 years on it and no issues at all. Smooth as silk and really flys nice. Plus it comes with a great looking fuse.

holtneil

Wow mate never heard of that one, I want a new 450 I will look it up, I just hope I can get spares in the uk , Rc aerodyne are the only ones , but OMG its nice just like a mini goblin ,its now on my shopping list ,thanks for the info

holtneil

Hi mate works out a good price £97 cheaper than copterx but will have to find out what shipping will be

Top Bottom