The Chase

treff

I swear my heli is trying to kill me or at least chop off parts of my anatomy. I rebuilt my HK450 GT Pro2 and decided to fit one of those slanted main drives and
new drive on the motor. Also fitted new feathering shaft, main shaft tail tube etc, etc, you know the sort of thing after a unexpected landing LOL. Well, had lots of vibration
but I though I would get it into the air to see if the tracking was causing the vibration. Bad, bad, mistake. I also changed the expo to make it a bit more responsive, why? don't ask. Any way the thing
lifted off like a cat with its back end on fire and came straight at me. I almost did a bullfighters swish of the cap and the blades missed me by inches. I was now in full panic mode
and involuntary moved the rudder sticks and the bloody thing turn around a came at me again. To be honest I did not run away. I don't care what my neighbours says but I did break into a trott
and that damned helicopter, that killing machine actually passed me on the left hand side about head height. I regained some composure and closed the throttle and it skidded
to a halt and 20 feet away right side up. I don't know wether to be thankful or bash the crap out of the thing. Suggestions most welcome. Cheers

treff

Thanks callsign4223, the demon in this case was a broken head bolt which I had not noticed. Better preflight inspection needed. Had a very strong word with the engineer involved and put
him on reprimand with the advice "red wine is not a lubricant for helicopters" Cheers

Karubah

RALMAO . Loved reading that short story Treff. It could have been serious if you were hit but it turned out well,so all is good.

Top Bottom