Trucks Traxxas T-Maxx 2.5 4x4 Used

Adam

Haha that brings back memories cause i bought the one Tony did the videos on and i also was a newbie to nitro's and yes i have this thing still screaming to this day and only burned up on glow plug. But i ran it full speed into my a 4x4 post broke a bulkhead and the steering servo was shot after that one. I also went through and upgraded the battery rx tx. These things are a blast and once you get the tuning down it is like second nature. I even let my daughter drive it around now and she loves it.

Tony

Staff member
so im not going to watch Tony's video on taking apart the entire thing

You not going to watch? Any reason why? Did I miss something?

Also, the next time something breaks, just post up some pictures or a video and we can help you get it fixed. There is only one way to learn, and that is to do it. Hope you get it running again soon.

Swat868

Ahhhh Tony i apologize i meant im now going to watch the video did not mean to put not! i watched the video and it was very helpful i was able to get alot more compression out of it just by taking it all apart and cleaning it out. I put the new servo on and it seems to be working wonderfully i put the entire motor back together and it looked great unfortunately the pull start is really stiff and is hard to turn it over. the screws that hold the piece under the pull start i think i tightened to much and stripped the slots out im kinda nervous but tomorrow is another day i need to buy a new glow plug and from there im hoping i can just pull that starter and it fires up if not ill take pictures and videos and post up although im very impatient so its hard to wait for a response sometimes :p ill keep you guys posted on how it goes tomorrow if i am unsuccessful again ill post a video of my problems thanks guys and again im apologize tony your video nailed it perfectly and help me tremendously!

Tony

Staff member
haha, I figured you didn't mean to put "Not" in there. Just had to make sure, I'm always looking for suggestions from my videos.

If you put oil in the Cyl, that will make it very hard to turn over. Pull the glow plug and spin the engine over a few times. After that, put the glow plug back in and it should spin over easier.

I know what you mean about being impatient lol. I think that is how I learned most of what I know, just by doing it lmao. But we are here for you when you do post.

Swat868

o man got her running this afternoon and shes screammiinnn!!!!!!! its great no more stalling everything runs wonderfully but of course when u think everything is perfect another problem has occured. so my next question is if she doesnt brake all the time sometimes i push the brakes and she keeps going full speed into a place i rather she does not lol so any ideas why this is happening? im guessing the servo that controls throttle and braking? let me know what you guys think?

Tony

Staff member
You may need to clean and adjust your brake disk and pads. I have a video on this, I think it's the Trans Overview video. I think in a later video I show how to adjust the brake, but I'm not sure.

Swat868

i havent got to take a look at the video yet because today was a busy day but ill definitely look into it! thanks for the advice my goal is to make this car have the ability to pull me while im on my skateboard now that will be a great youtube video!

Tony

Staff member
Hope you have extra clutch shoes lol. I will bet money your clutch bell will be blue after that lol.

Swat868

friend just picked up 2 tmaxx and a revo for $350 all kinds of extra parts we are gonna have a field day tonight workin on these new trucks and hopefully taking some parts and placing them on my tmaxx :D ill take tons of pics and try to post them up sometime this weekend i think we scored the mother load! :D

Tony

Staff member
Sounds like a good deal. That Revo is a great truck with onboard shocks and a cantilever setup.

Swat868

Here is the link for the first T-Maxx jump ignore the ending! ;) only bad thing was exhaust pipe popped off :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
Oh you should have left more of the ending in there lol. Love slide jobs. The body doesn't, but I do lmao. Really nice truck!

Swat868

it actually rolled back up on its tires and i drove it back to me with the exhaust pipe off lol my friend was recording he freaked out because he thought i broke it and so he rushed over to grab it for me LOL!

Swat868

hey guys! its been a while! so the tmaxx continues to get upgraded as it blows up week by week :) got the aluminum bulk heads on it now and new servos next on the list of things to fix is the skid plates... anyone got ideas? everyone tells me keep putting the plastic ones on it because the aluminum ones will just bend each time any other ideas i seem to break the skid plates every jump i take :( let me know what yall think :)

Tony

Staff member
If you are killing skid plates, then you need to go up on your shock fluid or put a smaller hole piston in the shock. Let the shocks do their job and absorb the jumps. Stronger springs will help a little as well, just don't go crazy with them. If you go too strong on the shock springs, it will want to jump back up into the air when it lands hard.

but I would stick with plastic skid plates as well. The aluminum ones, even though they look great, will be scratched up before you know it. Then you will be kicking yourself for spending so much money on something that is now destroyed. Hope this helps.

Swat868

do you mean heavier shock fluid my shocks right now have 50 weight i believe if i go much heavier im afraid ill start blowing shock caps left and right and idk if im ready to throw down $100+ for all new shocks. also what do you mean by put a smaller hole piston in the shock? not sure what that means thanks for the input i was skeptical about getting aluminum ones and im glad you feel the same way

Tony

Staff member
50wt? Wow, that is the max that I would suggest with two hole pistons in the shock. That brings me to your second question. The piston is the piece in teh shock that forces the shock fluid through small holes. It's flat and (should be) black inside the shock held onto the shock shaft with two E clips. If you got this used, then you dont' have the extra pistons that it comes with, but they are easy to come by. In fact I have some here at my house but not sure what size they are. Have not seen them in a while. At least I think I still have them lmao.

Okay, if you are running 50wt oil with red springs, you are about maxed out on teh stock composite shocks. The only real thing you can do now is raise the ride height by a 1/2" spacer. However this will cause the truck to flip in a very hard turn quite easily. Welcome to the world of comprimise. I played this game for years when I raced cars and trucks. You just have to find the right balance for the truck. My suggestion is if you are just back yard bashing, lower your jumps or just stock up on skid plates :biggrin1:

Top Bottom