Trex 450 Dfc

Adam

So i have been remodeling the family room and building a wing for my Rapture today at the end of the day Dusk i decide to take the trex microbeast outside. Well i spool it up idle up and attempt to take off and it went hard right and really ate some cement lol Im not happy.
No tail gears busted haha
Main gear trashed
Main blades
DFC Control linkages sheared
Tail blades
After the inspection the feathering shaft bolts are not assembled. The tail set screw did not hold. I dont remember thread locking the tail set screw. So either that or a thread lock failure on the head feathering shaft or lack of on the tail hub.
So mad right now lol. Rebuild and will be back in order.

Adam

Ya i know but honestly i have no clue why it did what it did but i will go through it all and do it again.

Graham Lawrie

So i have been remodeling the family room and building a wing for my Rapture today at the end of the day Dusk i decide to take the trex microbeast outside. Well i spool it up idle up and attempt to take off and it went hard right and really ate some cement lol Im not happy.
No tail gears busted haha
Main gear trashed
Main blades
DFC Control linkages sheared
Tail blades
After the inspection the feathering shaft bolts are not assembled. The tail set screw did not hold. I dont remember thread locking the tail set screw. So either that or a thread lock failure on the head feathering shaft or lack of on the tail hub.
So mad right now lol. Rebuild and will be back in order.

Hi Adam, I had a similar thing with my 450 pro v2 3gx, the only thing I can put it down to was not wiping the screws before I applied thread lock

murankar

Staff member
yeah, you need to soak every screw in rubbing alcohol. Never be to safe when it comes to this hobby.

Sorry to here about the new bird.

Adam

Update I have the bird all inspected and put back together what i listed for parts was correct. So i found out the cause......IT WAS ME dumb da dum dumb Lol So i go to set it up and everything is wrong swash is way out of wack and i didnt change any of the linkages. Well i learned something on the beast dont accidentally while putting your canopy on hold the button down lol it resets.

Adam

Umm Umm Umm Wait I DONT KNOW My canopy is a bear to get on I even trimmed the foam and its still a pain and well i remember accidentally holding that button down i checked norm but not really looked at it lol. So never touch that button anyone got a button protector lol

heli-maniac

sound like the canopy is hitting something else like the battery or the motor wires or something in the front
it shouldnt be that hard to put on

Tony

Staff member
The one that he purchased from me had a canopy that was just stupid tight. I had to cut more than half the thickness away from it just to make the canopy go on easier. And still be tight enough to not vibrate.

pvolcko

Also a good idea to dab some in the threaded holes of metal parts you will be screwing into. The higher the percentage of alcohol the better as it will evaporate more quickly and tend to cut oils better.

taizi

ive had similar problems with my zyx , these flybarless systems take alot of faffing to get them right and ive lost count how many times ive put mine back on the pc to change something, makes you nervous on spool-up doesnt it hehehehe, but worth it once it works

Top Bottom