Up a Gumtree

Karubah

Nice afternoon so out comes the Blade MCXP and take it outside. Having a little fly around going great no wind or so I thought. Damn whirly wind came past and picked my little heli up with it. Madly pushing sticks to try and get it do something, but nothing, the whirlies got a tight hold on it. All I could see was it getting higher and being thrown about until the gumtree blocked it and that's where it now is, up about 50ft. I'll just have to wait for the wind to bring it down I hope, and there's rain forecast for the next 4 days. I did hit throttle hold just before it landed in the tree so hopefully not to much damage if I ever get it back.
Lesson don't fly little heli outside within 50 yards of trees.

Ken Jackson

Lost my MCPx BL in a strong wind. Thought I was flying towards myself so I tipped the nose down and throttle up and basically watched it fly into the woods from 1,000 yards. Looked for about 8 hours and gave up. Loved that crazy little thing. Lots of power. Had it for 2 weeks and poof all gone.

Hope you get it back!

Ken

RMB677

Had that happen about 2 yrs. ago. Wind caught the heli and lifted it over some trees. Three days later I found the heli in a tree where I didn't think it was any where near. Uses a lead weight on some line to snag and shake the branches it was on and got it down.

Derek

I've never had a heli stuck in a tree, but I've slammed a few of my foamie planes into some trees and even some bushes. I hope you can get your heli back buddy!!!

Stambo

I did that when I was learning how badly coax heli's performed in the wind.
I got a little frustrated when I couldn't reach it so I introduced the pine tree to my Stihl chainsaw.
Got the heli down reasonably intact surprisingly.:)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I would have tried to power it up a bit againhave it dislodge itself somehow.

I have had my 450 stuck in a tree once and my msr up on top of my apartment bulding's roof too AND.. my hony bee FP heli in a tree too LOL .. Its not fun!

See if you can hit it with something other than a gun LOL .. :D

wolfman76

they don't call the monkey man for no reason i would have that bird down faster then a howler monkey could hoot!!!! lol (always though it was fun to see how high i could climb a tree before it started to lean under weight lol)

callsign4223

Staff member
I've got my mcpx stuck in a tree a few times. Luckily I've always been able to knock it down. My brand new quad flew away over the trees this weekend though. Probably never to be seen again.

This was a classic read!!
Caught my interested when i heard stuck in a gumtree! Knew it had to be an Aussie story!!
I've not lost and rc model in a tree yet, but did loose a mate on a push bike in a tree!!
Might tell that story later, but was hillarious!
Hope you're able to get it down soon!!

Tony

Staff member
Gaba, don't make me pull that post up from the dead when you got the heli stuck in a tree hahahahaha. I SOOOOOOO wanted to go down there and slap you that day lmao.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Gaba, don't make me pull that post up from the dead when you got the heli stuck in a tree hahahahaha. I SOOOOOOO wanted to go down there and slap you that day lmao.

All I did was call 911......... I don't know what I did wrong!

I made people laugh ok!! That counts for something!
:D

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Called 911, for a friggin rc helicopter hahaha. OMG I still want to slap you for that one. 911 is for EMERGENCIES, not a lost toy lmao. Something in me sees them pulling out the hose next time and knocking it out of the tree with water, then turning that high pressure hose on you right after lmao. I would pay to see that if they did lmao.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Hey! They said they didn't have emergencies.. It rh eg wouldn't have helped me

And like I said ! Made them laugh! Had my pic posted in the fire department of that place

So back off! :p :p :D

Heehee

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Tony

Staff member
Had your picture posted huh? I'm thinking that is the same as those that have their picture posted behind the counter of a convenience store lmao.

Karubah

I measured the tree this afternoon. Its 33metres to the top and the heli is about 3 to 4 metres down stuck in a little fork. Had to get the". close up eyes" to find it. Here's a pic of the tree.29-5-2013 021.jpg

29-5-2013 021.jpg

hahaha that's a bit of bad luck!!
Love the area you're in! I would so like to move out west one of these days!
Hope you manage to get to it without too much damage being done to it

Top Bottom