500 Walked away with Two Helis today..

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Wen't to our usual weekend fly day at the field and walked away with two PROTOS 500, one stretched and regular for the price of $500 bucks. P4210006.jpgP4210007.jpgP4210008.jpgP4210010.jpgP4210011.jpgP4210012.jpgP4210013.jpgP4210014.jpgP4210015.jpgP4210016.jpgP4210017.jpg

:chickendance:

P4210006.jpg

P4210007.jpg

P4210008.jpg

P4210010.jpg

P4210011.jpg

P4210012.jpg

P4210013.jpg

P4210014.jpg

P4210015.jpg

P4210016.jpg

P4210017.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Damn dude, talk about a SCORE! Can't wait to see these two in the air. Hopefully VERY soon. Sure could use that gyro ;)

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Thanks tony..We program my TX and test flew it today and she ran smooth. This will just sit for now looking pretty on the shelf until I get tired of the TREX 450. Now to learn the IKON.

Tony

Staff member
You will have that Ikon down in about an hour at most. Such a simple, yet VERY effective gyro. I want one bad on my 600.

Adam

Man that is a deal. Sometimes things go our way and man those are great. I saw the ikon and im like no way...

murankar

Staff member
Dude, now you have something else I want. I want it to complete the family until the 700 is released. You'll love how it handles mine flies like its almost on rails. With the Ikon your will fly on rails and just in case it falls off the tracks check out MSH Direct . this guy is very much on top of his customers needs, he has contacted late on Sunday night right after I ordered my motor. The motor was pulled from an upgraded kit and he had it sitting around and sold it under the table to me. Anyhow I hope you have many great flights with the Protos.

Lee

$500 for two of them!!!! Thats a deal and a half. The Ikon alone is like $200. Was the guy you bought them from a millionaire? That just didn't care how much he sold them for. Great find. :D

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Lucky on the heli and at the right place at the right time. Didn't have my vid cause I didn't expect to find this and fly it that day. but I will post this weekend.

Lee

I think the only way would be to have it set to a flight mode you want. Then once you have the tail gain set as you want it, have the tail gyro gain fixed an asing the gyro gain switch to work as the flight mode. The you will be able to set up two banks, one with auto level(bailout) But your tail gain will be fixed. Its 1.40am and i'm falling asleep, so this may be a load of crap, but it sounds good to me at the moment :D

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
I think the only way would be to have it set to a flight mode you want. Then once you have the tail gain set as you want it, have the tail gyro gain fixed an asing the gyro gain switch to work as the flight mode. The you will be able to set up two banks, one with auto level(bailout) But your tail gain will be fixed. Its 1.40am and i'm falling asleep, so this may be a load of crap, but it sounds good to me at the moment :D

Please explain more....

Lee

Ok, funny enough what i just mentioned was in the new firmware i read about today. In the Advanced menu is a parameter to change the tail gain setting to a fixed value in the software, therefore freeing up your gyro gain channel in the TX, to be used instead as the flight mode/Auto bailout switch.

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
now thats a deal! made me happy reading it! :D

Deals like this is what I die for! :D :p

Tell me about it..wish I came about something like that....LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, funny enough what i just mentioned was in the new firmware i read about today. In the Advanced menu is a parameter to change the tail gain setting to a fixed value in the software, therefore freeing up your gyro gain channel in the TX, to be used instead as the flight mode/Auto bailout switch.

I will download it tonight..Thanks! it looks like I am spending more time with the PROTOS and not with my 450 anymore. :(

Top Bottom