Wind limit

pvolcko

550 X Pro + 25mph gusts = past the limit

:)

The 15mph steady component was manageable. The 25+mph gusts were hair raising, though. Thing jumped all around. Found a brief lull in the gusts and landed safely.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Yeah I don't even like to fly a 700 in that wind . 25 is just way to high

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

murankar

Staff member
Yeah I was gutsy on the gusts the last time I flew. I think that was the max I can handle myself.

Derek

WOW! 25mph winds....yeah...I'd either stay home or go get a kite and go fly it, lol.

Tony

Staff member
We are going to have winds that high here this weekend and I have already canceled all plans to try and tune the 600. Just not worth the risk.

Lee

We've been having 40+mph for a week now :( and it doesn't look like stopping soon.

Derek

We've been having 40+mph for a week now :( and it doesn't look like stopping soon.

40mph?????? that sucks!!! We've been getting hit with a lot of rain lately. 2.5" of rain, just today. Ugh!

Lee

In summer thats considered a light day here. Tarifa is the windiest place in europe. Last year we had 41 days in a row above 50mph, and it can get up to 100+. I get very little flying in so i have to make the most of what i do get.

Tony

Staff member
Not me bro. It's been very dry and hot here for the last few years. We were under a severe drought here, and the lakes are OVER 10' low. this rain is just starting to put things back to normal. However, the freezes we have been having have all but killed the wheat crop around here. Like me, Oklahoma can't win for losing.

Lee

I had a lucky morning after talking about too much wind. Looked outside, wind was howling, looked at the weather station near the field and it said 1 to 4 mph!!!!! Off we go.
Go there to see the weirdest phenomena. Windy in town, windy up till 200m from the field, then nothing. Calm as calm can be. Flew 4 packs on the Warp and still no wind although i could see the trees in the distance bending over and the water on the sea foaming??? Beeeeeeezarrrrrr :D

RMB677

Winds are around 20 mph with higher gusts here in NE GA this morning and thunder showers are near. Still being a novice my worst crashes have been due to wind gusts when I was just learning control in light winds. Since I've learned to handle the gusts the crashes have been less and not as bad. I'll be working all day today and tomorrow so I will not be flying anyway. All I can hope for is good weather on Sunday.

Roger

wolfman76

3inches tony PSSST!!!!we are well over flood stages here Little calumet river is well over 12ft. and more rain is expected been raining all week.. and to top it off it actually SNOWED this morning man this weather is a moth%^*%@^er.... lol

pvolcko

I figured I'd try it out. Still learning the limits of using larger helis. While it did bob up and down in a borderline uncontrolled manner, it did not get blown from position too much. If I had been doing any kind of higher angle of attack flying, though, I think it would have been very heavily influenced. Lesson learned. :)

taizi

try living where i am in dalian china, its all coastal and even loverly sunny days like today are really windy, im trying my best to fly and doing really well considering but sometimes the winds just takes my little bird skyward which is interesting, im only flying my little V120 because i think the 450 will just crash, as im still a rookie but im almost ready to try fliping the 120 upside down, wish me luck hehehehe

pvolcko

You may be surprised with the 450. In general, the larger the heli the more stable they are, including in wind. That day I flew the 550 I would never have dreamed of flying my 120SR or nano cpx (or the 300 I got a couple days later).

That said, a mistake with a 120 is probably going to cost less than a 450, so proceed as you are comfortable. :)

Top Bottom