Micro 130x Bling

Slobberdog

I love mine too... But I've got a good chunk in it as well... It is kinda mind blowing. However, like u said I love it. She will eat up gears tho! Plastic or metal!

Yeah I have metal gears through out, as well as carbon frame, steel main shaft with OWB, full alloy head with DFC, ally swash, Microheli pro tail box, spin 8000 motor, Microheli fibreglass canopy and KBDD main and tail blades,

Superbad,

These suckers swallow money like nothing else I am in about 450+ usd but could go a little more just on the third bearing supported torque tube assy with longer supports.

Slobberdog

Well I went and done it, I bought the Lynx heli tbs boom for my 130x and I have to say its defo quieter than the std boom, that can only mean that there is less vibration, I would say the heli is now done but hell I would probably only be kidding myself, lol

But to keep you going here's a few shots of the new bits

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Only thing I need to do now is play with the tail gain, to get it a little more locked in, at the moment I have zero wag.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Slobberdog

Well all it's been a while since I updated this thread and since then I have had time to put a few batteries through the bird, and since I have put the Lynx tail servo on and the TBS system this has improved the tail no end.

The Heli is stable but very responsive and the tail is so solid and responsive now it feels as good as my 450, the whole Heli feels very locked in,

Would I do this again, HELL NO....... The biggest problem with the stock 130x is the play in the tail parts, but in my view most of the play is in the servo rod connection to the servo, if you put the Lynx tail servo on and that play goes away, the stock bird has a great power to weight ratio, and tbh that's what makes it such a good fun bird, I have been on the look out for a stock second hand one in my area that's a bargain, just to get the basher try anything on bird back that I can have a bit of fun with.

Last edited:

Slobberdog

tonight I will be trying out the KDE blades I got for the 130x, reading the write up they were supposed to be more rigid but they feel as flexible as my KBDD blades, they are also supposed to be designed with more of an aerofoil shape to give better lift characteristics but again I don't see much of a difference between them and the KBDD's. the shape does look different though as they don't seem to taper as much as the KBDD blades so maybe that will have an effect.

we will see!

Slobberdog

Well I put 3 batteries through the 130x last night, the new blades were not a shocking difference over my KBDD blades but would be over the standard blades I think,

they felt very solid in the air, maybe a bit stable for want of a better way to put it, but when I lowered my expo they came alive a bit, but still had enough mass effect to return them to a stable hover quickly after an input,

I think I am going to like these blades, would be nice to be able to test them outside but seeing as its still raining over here and windy and not looking like its gonna change in the near future then the outdoor test is gonna have to wait.

Slobberdog

Well I am getting impietient, I managed to get a swap for my new Microheli pro tail for a full set of Lynx Heli pro range tail pieces.

So I got coming

Quad bearing tail box
Double bearing pitch slider with Lynx slider arms
Lynx tail shaft and weighted grips
And had to settle for the Xtreme Double pivot arm as lynx don't do a pitch arm as yet.

All because I got a red tail set as a replacement for the crap one on my Heli at the moment.

I hope these lynx parts are as good as their rep suggests they are supposed to be!

heli-maniac

The Xtreme Double pivot arm will not work on the Lynx tail box the screw for the pin is in the way
You will have to relocate the screw whole to the front of the tail box to make it work
they only case the do fit is the Xtreme case and the Microheli case

Slobberdog

Well at the same time I got my 500 I got this little load in the box with it,

image.jpg

Well this was the haul from swapping the replacement red Microheli pro tail box,

And this is what it looks like in place

image.jpg

Hovered in the living room and seems quite smooth,

image.jpg

image.jpg

Slobberdog

I think I might have worn out my "b" gear, what do you think,

image.jpg

Sorry about the quality, taken with my iPad and a magnifying glass, oh and a torch....

image.jpg

heli-maniac

Did that to mine just the other day that would be my second stock one
going to try the Microheli one and see how it dose

Make sure you change the a gear it will be wore down also or have burs on it

Slobberdog

Yeah I have a new "A" gear here waiting but the Xtreme A gear I have at the moment don't seem at all worn like the B gear is so have a stock metal gear on the way that will go back on with the old a gear and when I get the Xtreme b gear that I have on back order that will go on with the new one,

The Xtreme gear seems a darn lot more hard wearing than the stock ones,

heli-maniac

I didnt really like the way the Xtreme a And B gears fit had to do alot of shimming and still couldnt get it to feel smooth
Now I did find you cant run the Xtreme A gear with a stock B gear the A gear is smaller than the Blade metal A gear and dont mesh at all
Now im runing the Blade metal A gear and a Xtreme B gear on the 150x and it has a nice gear mesh

Slobberdog

Well still waiting for my "B" gear so not got the bird sorted yet,

but did get my Lynx DFC main blade grips, so I fitted those, maybe no different from the Xtreme grips performance wise but they do look sleek, he he. And they don't need the blade protectors like the Xtreme grips,

Got a new set of KDE XF main blades as I thought they had a better feel than the KBDD blades, and seemed to have a bit more energy left in them when spinning down, so a bit more responsive when you want it to be,

Slobberdog

Well it's back to the stock tail servo, as the second lynx tail servo I had has gone bad, I am gutted, as it locked full one way in the air and put the bird in a fast spin, throttle hold from 30ft, and snapped another KDE blade, gutted.com

Here's a look at what it's doing,

[video=youtube_share;6_NPUTgmqi4]http://youtu.be/6_NPUTgmqi4[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

Well it's back to the stock tail servo, as the second lynx tail servo I had has gone bad, I am gutted, as it locked full one way in the air and put the bird in a fast spin, throttle hold from 30ft, and snapped another KDE blade, gutted.com

Here's a look at what it's doing,

[video=youtube_share;6_NPUTgmqi4]http://youtu.be/6_NPUTgmqi4[/video]

Top Bottom