Align 150 Dfc Rebuild After Hard Crash

Tony

Staff member
I would check the motor and make sure it's spinning freely. Worst case, take the motor off the one you just drove into the pavement (if it's still useable) and see if that solves the issue.

I really need to get my 150 back out. It hasn't seen air in quite some time.

leedude1

It seams to spin fine. Ill try another tail blade in case, maybe this ones slipping on the shaft I have a tendency to put a little silicone spray on the shaft itself to provide a little bit of lubrication to the motor shaft... no harm in trying anyway... then if all fails I swap it out and see what shakes.

The one I pile drove is finished..tail motor (I mean).. feathering shaft (spindle) , main shaft and gear, landing gear..and tail boom the canopy no need tom mention the canopy is toast :puppy_dog_eyes: really like to look with the RAKHON Monster ) ... the rest looks OK, glad that I didn't appear to have damaged the board... it will keep me busy.

I had an extra tail motor so I should be good to fix at least one of them.

I switch between the 130 and the 150s different animals and both real fun to fly.

Tony

Staff member
Wow, yeah there is some damage there.

I have a 130 as well, but it's the red bull and is seriously lacking on power. But it's fun to fly scale. Wanted to get it out this weekend but it hates wind and it's windy out there right now.

leedude1

I agree with the 130 and the wind. I prefer the power in the 150.

Because I don't really do any hard 3D I like to set up the 130x at night when its calm with some night blades and a clear canopy because I find it a more docile (heavier) flier and use the 150s when I want to boot around and the extra power is really helpful in the wind.

Saw you were using the Microheli tail-blades on the 150 what was the length? I have the KBDD on mine and their pretty good but as I mentioned having a little trouble from time to time so may look for another set. just to give it a go.

here some shots of my night flier set up, and the "armada" (minus the new 450l)

- - - Updated - - -

20140901_130403.jpg20150109_203724.jpg

20140901_130403.jpg

20150109_203724.jpg

20140901_130403.jpg

20150109_203724.jpg

Tony

Staff member
I use the stock 42mm as well as the longer 47mm. I do notice there is, what I think, a better hold with teh longer blades. IMO though, KBDD or MH blades are going to be about the same. But order a set of each and check the pitch of the blades. The more pitch, the harder the motor will have to work, but the less rpm it will need.

leedude1

I have all the parts I need to rebuild, but will reorder 2 new tail motors and not play with fire... the spare I had was actually purchased as parts from someone, so Im not sure of the condition and the one I crashed aint doing much. Putting in the new one, as you know, requires a lot of wire fiddling and I figure do it once and be done rather than put it all together to find out its scrap also and have to start all over.

At the same time Ill pick up a couple MH tail blades.

leedude1

Its official, after recharging a few batteries and trying to see what was going on, as this just kind of developed out of nowhere the other day, and I for the life of me couldn't figure it out.

I finally noticed that the outer can of the tail motor is not holding stationary as it should and although it spins freely it kind of "slides" up and down over the shaft (not liking how this is sounding but anyway you get it) so it must be affecting the performance so yes looks like in fact both 150s are in need of a little TLC and tail motors.

Need to get the 450l alone in the field one of these mornings (no people traffic) still not used to the power this thing has, and I must admit I'm a little intimidated by it... flying it on the simulator no problems but as you know live is a whole new set of teeth.

leedude1

I havent finished the rebuild on my parking lot incident yet. I have however swapped out the tail motor on the other 150 that was causing me grief and after one good flight where things looked like they should.. I'm back to the same issue of the tail rotating clock wise and not being able to hold.

i wondering if this is not a MRS (board) issue at this stage as its a brand new motor,new tail rotor as well ...

Gyro setting at 55% to start on the DX6, tail gain on the unit set at 50 to start, and I even started pushing the gyro to up to 75% some serious wag there let me tell you but this is just not holding anywhere and just is not flyable.

I'm curious if its not the tail gain pot that may be the issue as I started to play with the settings the other day and I wondering if this may be the cause...I've moved the pot to minimum and then turned back from there without any obvious change in the situation so im at a loss at this stage.

Any ideas or has this happened to anyone else?

Top Bottom