Align 450 Pro V2 Build Guide Part 9 First Flight & Final Gyro Setup

Tony

Staff member
In this video we finally get the Align Pro v2 3GX into the air for the first time. This is not what I would call a "Maiden Flight", but it is the first time it will see air.

The first takeoff was not as planned and got a little rough. But thanks to the quality of Align products, the tail gears held together and I was able to fly again.

Pretty much what we decided to do here is a video on setting up the gyro gains. Unfortunately, even though I have turned the pots all the way up, I never could get a wag out of it like I was hoping. But this thing is solid as a rock in the air. Have a watch and let me know what you think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQvoBPfbiBE

murankar

Staff member
At this point I have watched all of the rc-help trainier and your Align series videos. I am impressed to this point. I learned something about airplanes and now about the Align. I hope that real soon I can join the ranks of the folks who own quality products. If was not for you and your idea to start this sight I would not be anywhere near where I am now. Keep it and keep on flying!

I have very little time here in Korea, "it wont be long till I get-on back home".

Tony

Staff member
I will tell you, it's been stressful trying to get these done. I thought about just uploading one a week and stretching it out, but I know people want to see them, and I like to get my videos out as soon as I make them.

As for the kind words, I have said it a million times, I created this forum because of the bashing that went on with other forums. And yes, even small forums. I will not allow anyone to bash someone for asking a question in here. Without questions there are no answers. You have done a lot to help the forum out as well and I thank you.

When you get back here to the states, you will be just south of me. We will have to setup a time to get everyone together on a good weekend and have a meet at the flying field. Everyone will have to have an AMA membership, but I'm sure most already do. I would just like to get an RCH Gathering together so I can actually meet some of the fine people of this forum.

murankar

Staff member
After I get home I will be looking at my AMA. I want to wait till the renewal date comes so I get a full year for the membership cost. Yes I would love to have a fly session somewhere centrally located. I will be about 3 hours south of Gaba and that is if traffic is light. Kudos again.

Tony

Staff member
3 hours south of Gaba is about 6 hours south of me. That would be one of those things to plan to leave out early in the morning, make a full day of it the next day and drive back the third day. We will get something worked out.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I'd have to fly! LOL. Looking great Tony. I would sugest that you cut the grass as short has possibull aroung your pad. I was waiting for the tail to rap itself around some tall grass! LOL I think it will save you tail blads and gears if you only cut the grass!.

I would be willing to come for an event if it was weekend long thing! You gat to get Lee to come too! LOL

Tony

Staff member
I thought about mowing the grass, but I really liked the look of it moving with the air off the blades. And my grass is all straight, nothing to really grab. If the tail sticks in the ground, it's going to do it whether or not grass is even there.

And if I do something like that, it will have to be a weekend long ordeal. One day of flying is just not enough lol. But this is a ways down the line yet if it happens. Working graveyards is going to suck.

Whirlybird

Get the cows to do it :lol:

Fabulous series Tony :hdbng:

You got me salivating :drools: I'm making some progress on getting my legs in shape and hope to be able to get out flying again in a couple of months. Meanwhile I'll keep living off the experiences here on the forum :lol:

Tony

Staff member
Hope you get out there flying soon frank. I know I miss seeing the videos from you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Top Bottom