another r/c helicopter noob

raptor660r70

hi guys my name is brent, i have always been interested in r/c but mostly wanted a helicopter and so i now have one, well two a exi 450 and a blade cp pro2 which is trashed lol. i am 41 and live in pa and extremly new to r/c helicopters but making some head way.

Tony

Staff member
Like I have said, if you have questions, just ask. That is the whole reason that I started this forum, to help the new guy out that gets trashed on when they are on the big forums. And if you are looking to unload the CP Pro2, let me know. We have had a few members ask questions about them, and I have never had one so couldn't help. If I had one in front of me, I might be able to help those that have them. Either way, welcome to the site.

raptor660r70

unloadin the cp pro is an idea, doesnt have a rx, but does have the crappy hp6dsm tx, also needs a tail boom. i still have the orginal box it came in and extra blades for it too, ill think about and give you a shout out.

madrat

Hey all, I'm a noob also. Live in Pa. name is Steve, and just like my good friend and neighbor Raptor, I have always wanted to get into r/c. so now I am, and jumped in feet first with a flybarless ccpm Walkera 4f200. Have tipped it over more times than I can count, but keep replacing parts, making adjustments, and each time get closer to a hover. Now my wife is into it also and she wanted the Walkera 4f200LM, so been fixing that one too lol She is doing much better than me lol. Finally got smart and ordered some decent servos (i hope) (Henge MD922 12g High Speed Metal Digital Servo) as the ones that came on my 4f200 (and oem replacements) are junk. I have been on other forums, but never seem to get any help. Raptor turned me on to this forum. Now I do drive a semi, so if I don't reply right away, it's probably because I'm driving. Sorry for rambling on just in a introduction, but glad to be here.:peaceful:

Lee

Hey madrat,
One bit of advice i can give for Flybarless helis. On take off you shouldn't give any cyclic input until the skids lift off the ground. This is the most common cause of the heli tipping over as you say keeps happening to you.
Just like your heading hold tail rotor if you input a cyclic command the FBL system tries to make the model perfrom the required movement given to it by the pilot. However if your skids are still in contact with the ground then there is a possibility the model can roll over.
This is a trait of all FBL units I am lead to believe.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
now isnt madrat just lucky to have his wife like this too. i just wish my fiance would get into helis too and then we bth have fly dates.. HAHAH ... lol JK JK

Welcome to site both you guys! I came into this site as a TOTAL noob too. Wouldnt call myself a NOOB now after 6 months.. but hey, you find my posts, I aint no expert either. lol :p These guys here help me a lot..

Would love to be a help to you too esp with electrics.. like exi. I have had one of those kits till i traded it. let us know! :)

madrat

Thanks for the info Lee, makes perfect sense to me. I will try and remember that. Also pass it along to my other half. Yes coolgabsi, I am excited that she is into it also, although may have to sabotage her heli, as she is showing raptor and myself up. She did a excellent job with her 4f200LM today. Hope Raptor posts some video that he took. She is a noob too, but is kickin butt as far as I'm concerned. Have to replace a couple gears on hers, but all in all it was a good day, she even let me take it for a spin. We are slowly getting the settings in the tx to better suit us/her. Still waiting on parts to come for my 4f200, but if the weather holds out, we all will be back in the air next weekend. Thanks guys.

helilover2

:surprise:hi there welcome lol i had a blade pro myself but thinking of rebuilding it later but i have built a few lately so im still working on the simulator and my align 450 just read all you can and this website helps too i have learned a lot but we learn new stuff every dang day lol im from washington dc but live near seattle now

Top Bottom