VTX Antenna help

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Can anyone suggest what I can use to hold a pop-on/off antenna in its place? The TBS VTX gets really hot so something that won't melt. I hope this makes sense?
batch_IMG_1897.JPG

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Yes, I did do the squeeze on her. The shrink wrap they use is so much stronger than the stuff I order online. Have anyone used liquid tape?

LooseNut

Use a dab of JB Quick, That will probably work. I've used the liquid tape and it seemed to take a long time to set up.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Didn't think about JB products :thinking: and as for liquid tape taking a long time... I don't mind as long as it doesn't melt from the heat produced by this VTX.

LooseNut

I've used the JB quick for quite a few things over the years, it will take some heat. You can also burn it off with a soldering iron if you need to get it apart later. Now if the part is getting as hot as solder melting, it will probably fail, but then, so would the liquid tape.

I installed LED strips inside a front gear case with a polycarbonate cover on a Cummins 4BT with the JB quick. It gets a hot oil bath and the heat/vibration of the motor block and casing. Still holding up.

Tony

Staff member
I don't know about JB Quick, but JB Weld is conductive, so be careful.

How hot are we talking? From the image, it looks like you can just get a scrap piece of carbon fiber and straddle it and it will hold it down. Just a thought from looking at it for 2 seconds lol.

Tony

Staff member
I almost want to have you send me what you are working on and I will design a part if possible to hold it down. But that would likely mean the entire quad which would be a huge inconvenience.

LooseNut

I don't know about JB Quick, but JB Weld is conductive, so be careful.
May be right, most things I use it on haven't been critical of that. Just a dab on the connector that laps over to catch the post should be fine though.

Top Bottom