Any of this worth messing with?

bigone5500

The company I work for just went through a major upgrade throughout the facility network. They replaced a bunch of switches and UPS. My boss asked me if I wanted this stuff and I couldnt load it up fast enough. There is nothing wrong with any of it as far as I can tell. It all was pulled from the network in working order. However the UPS all need batteries. The main question I have is are the PoE switches good for much at home?

14295.jpeg 14297.jpeg

Tony

Staff member
POE switches are great for things like access points (I run a POE access point) and surveillance cameras (I have more than I like to admit at my house/property) with just one wire. Beyond just the physical advantages, it can also be a great learning tool to learn what a managed switch can do. If they are layer 3 switches, then they have routing capabilities which is a huge field that people base careers off of. I have two layer 3 switches that I play with, however one is dead now but like you, not a lot invested so it's not that big of a loss. We may have to work out a deal for a 48 port if you are not going to use them and want to sell...

Top Bottom