battery fell out

This is a story that i co-worker told me about a friend that went flying.This co-worker and his friend went to the local park to fly his airplane.I think the airplane was the kind like the spitfire.He just bought the plane charged up the batteries took out the plane to the park.Took off like normal and was flying for a few mins , when i of a sudden the plane started to come down to earth like a sheet of paper would fall to the ground. This is on youtube.I dont have the URL for it.The reason that it fall from the sky was that the person forgot to close the hatch to where the battery was and the battery fall out in mid-flight

Tony

Staff member
That will do it every time lol. Changes the CoG by more than the plane can handle.

Lee

I had a similar experience with my Trex 500. Doing tic tocs, i had forgotten to velcro in the battery. On the inverted part the battery came out, hit the canopy which hit the rotor blades and flybar. Canopy exploded and flybar bent 90 degrees, but amazingly i managed to flip the bird upright and auto down with no other damage.

Top Bottom