Cars Brand new nitro ftx carnage from model sport

Grant_turner1

Hi guys and gals I have just brought a brand new nitro ftx carnage I have read through the manual followed all the instructions to the letter but I seemed to have a fuel leak around the engine block I then realised the head gasket was damaged and it was spitting out the bottom between the head gasket and exhaust so I ordered a new head gasket the replacement turned up this morning I have therefor replaced it.
I then managed to get the RC started again it doesn’t seem to be leaking but the revs seem off as in they start off high then after a few seconds the engine cuts out and I increased the the idle screw ever so slightly so it stayed running now I have the issue of it idling high then low then high then low and as soon as I touch the accelerator on the remote it cuts out any thoughts ???

Grant_turner1

Thank you for the YouTube video I have followed the instructions on there aswell as the manual the tuning seems to be slightly off after I have took it out for a small run around just a few more tweeks and hopefully should be running smoothly.
kindest regards for your input

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Yeah with Nitro you have to find the right tweak to run smoothly. The weather is a factor too. Nitro tuning is tricky.

RandyDSok

Engines are not a set and forget thing... you have to tweak them every time you go out. Even slight changes in barometric pressure, temps, humidity etc can make a difference day to day.

Tony

Staff member
I would set everything back to stock, check your carb seal, make sure the glow plug has its gasket and start fresh. If you already did the break-in, you can skip that and go straight to the tuning, but going back to stock settings is a good start.

May want to also look at replacing the fuel line. From what you are explaining, this sounds like a lean condition and if there is a small pin hole in the fuel line, it could be leaking in air.

Top Bottom