Chaos Carnage

Ghostflyer1

Well guys Last Thursday my Chaos 600 went into the dirt. It was a mechanical failure of some type. I believe that after doing some hard piro stops I stripped a tooth of the transmission gear feeding power to the torq tube, it was down hill after that, Everytime it slipped it took another tooth until the tail rotor did not have enough speed to keep up. The heli went into a slow piro and no amount of rudder input made any difference. I hit throttle hold but well have a look for yourself :sad0147:

2011-05-05 19.46.16.jpg

2011-05-05 18.46.40.jpg

2011-05-05 19.47.43.jpg

2011-05-05 19.46.34.jpg

2011-05-05 18.47.08.jpg

2011-05-05 19.51.54.jpg

2011-05-05 19.46.59.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Wow, now that is hard to look at right there. That is one of the reasons I like having a belt on the tail. Seems those gears wear out without any warning. But, I guess a belt could snap as well...

Wow what a shame that looked like a nice Bird indeed, and yeah those tail gears seem to go very easily indeed and the Carbon boom breaks much easier too by the look of the carnage Pics

Ghostflyer1

Not to worry she will be back in the air soon enough as the parts will arrive along with the 700. The ChaosKitten is battling neck and neck with my gaui as my favorite!!!!!!!!

Tony

Staff member
Well, whatever one loses, send it to me and I will give it a loving home...... hehe

Ghostflyer1

The chaos is amost back together, I was working on her last night and discovered that there is now alot of slop in the tail slider. The ball link hole rounded a bit. The 700 is still in the box sigh....... One thing that bothers me is that when I went to initialize the electronics the ele and pitch servo center was all off. Im wondering if it slipped the splines when it went down. Any thoughts on this ??? Maybe I should just replace the servo wheels to be on the save side......

Top Bottom