First flights after installing new parts.

murankar

Staff member
Thanks, yes AccuWeather (phone app) said wind was 12 mph and gusting at 17 mph. I am so wanting to start real flying but have a fear of the first real crash.

Lee

I crashed on my second day. Took it high and did some circuits. It was windy and i lost orientation. Its on my youtube channel i think. You just have to do it. Get it up there and try. Until you crash, your learning curve will suffer because you don't want to damage your beautiful bird. Thats why i have a heli i dont care about crashing and the ones i do. So i only got out of my comfort zone on the one a don't care about. Good luck

murankar

Staff member
Well until I get a fleet built up I only have one heli to fly. I have plenty of spare parts except for tail boom and main shafts.

After I shot that video I went back out and did some more flying. I did however venture out into new lands by seeing how far out I could fly before I got uncomfortable and flew it back tail in. During my last minute on the last battery I thought I would try and see how far backwards I could fly before I had to spin it to tail in again. Needless to say I got to about 9 o'clcok with side in before I landed.

murankar

Staff member
Wind is just about calm today, clouds in the sky. I am thinking its go time. I say "after breakfast its time to fly.". Step outside to catch the bus and wouldn't you know it RAIN dam. Check accuweather and its rain all day to day.

murankar

Staff member
Isn't this just great. It's dark out the rain stoped and the wind is barely a breeze. I guess my next outing will be an Saturday.

murankar

Staff member
I think the light kit would be cheaper and more impressive. Just another WOW factor in the RC world.

Tony

Staff member
I have thought about putting 6 500w flood lights on top of my house just so I could fly at night lmao.

murankar

Staff member
I think lights in a heli is cheaper. Although it would work better.

Just got the new motor and dampeners today. Should make for some good times tomorrow.

murankar

Staff member
I will have video at some point. My camera is acting up. I thought it needed a new SD card but I am still having issues. Will see what happens. Currently I am on my way to the dmz. Will have pics on that by the end of the weekend.

Top Bottom