Forum Timeout

Tony
I know it is either in here some where or covered some where but
how can I keep the forum from timing out so quick.
I can leave the page open and it seems 5 minutes later I have to log back in.
No worries but just wanted to be sure I am not doing something wrong

Tony

Staff member
Make sure the check box is checked when you log in. I need to install that mod again where it's always checked.

Dude, I can't even read what I'm writing.... I'm friggin tired as hell. Hope things are going good down there. Saw a forum issue thread and had to come in here. Not much time or energy to check on many posts lol. Time for bed. Hitting the road at 0800 tomorrow. Ugh. lol

mooserider

Funny, I was going to come post the same and saw this. I checked that box, we'll see if it works. If you have access to the JS Tony, you should be able to do something like this: getElementByID("cb_cookieuser_navbar").value = true;

You may not want to hack the forums code though, in which case the plugin would be best.

mooserider

FYI, just to follow up, Tony was totally right. If you check the checkbox when you log it, it'll save your session indefinitely (or however log the cookie is set for).

Tony

Staff member
It will keep you logged in until you clear your browser cache. As stated above, I had a mod installed (simple one line of code) that kept that box checked. Sucked for me because I would type my name, hit tab, type my password, hit tab, hit the space bar (to select the check box), hit tab and clicked enter. With that mod, I would constantly get logged out because I was unchecking that box lmao.

Top Bottom