Misc getting started

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
just a little shy. give me a little time ill get with the system. love the topics. glad i found this
:welcome1:Eddie dean to Rc-Help. Don't be shy on here. There's no such thing as dumb questions on this site. We are friendly, and very helpful in solving problems on here. When you're ready, let us know a little about your self and your collection of RC vehicles and any situation you might run into :chickendance:

Geena

Staff member
^^^^^^ What He said^^^^^^.. Don`t be shy here, because we`re all family. We even pick on each other once in a while. We`re glad to have you here. :)

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
i have a 5in. and 4in. quadcopter.
I'm taking that your choice of RC Vehicle to enjoy is quadcopter. I have 3 my self. Two 5" quads, one for distance & flight time and the other is freestyle. I also have Mobula 8 flying with 2cell instead of 1cell. They're all fun to fly in their own different ways. I do have a DJI phantom 3, but it pretty much flies itself and due to the rule/regulations plus idiots makes it not fun to fly. I use it mostly for security surveillance around our area and getting a bird's eye view of the rocket launch from cape carnival...especially at night.

RandyDSok

i can never get one to fly. probably have 25 flight conmtrolers quit working. got a speedybee f-405 to fly once4.

I don't fly multi-copters so take this for what it's meant ... If the controllers are ones with built in ESC's for each motor, it's very possible that you are overloading them and drawing too much power. I know that is a thing with electric planes, the people would either get under rated ESC's for the load their motors would require and burn them out. Another thing that was common is that say an ESC is rated for 40 amps and so is the motor... They'd use full throttle and again burn them out since their ratings are actually 40a for only a few moments, not constant flight.

So a suggestion taken from the experience I do have ... always use an ESC that is over rated for the motor amperage required. So if using a 40a motor, get a 50-60a ESC. Even then don't fly constantly more than about 75% throttle and only briefly use higher amounts for just a very brief moment, a few seconds at most.

When buying an ESC, controller with ESC's built in and or motors... make sure they include at least 2 specs ... always it should list the supported voltages and must include either the max wattage or amperage they support. I'll repeat myself that the wattage or amperage they list is the MAX burst amount and not the max constant amount of those. So only use the max for very brief moments when flying.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
i can never get one to fly. probably have 25 flight conmtrolers quit working. got a speedybee f-405 to fly once4.
Try a Diatone FC. That's what I have and seem to work fine for me the best. FC are very sensitive if you don't solder them right or wires crossed and/or touched, they like to fry-up easily. Just like everything...practice, practice and more practice.

Tasajara

I have 17 Quads or Drones if you call them that.... lol
I have used all types of FC's

SpeedyBee F405 V3 BLS 50A 30x30

XILO Stax V2 F4 Flight Controller

For Small Builds I use AIO

Diatone Mamba MK5 G4 AIO Alpha 40A 6S Dshot2400 Flight Controller

There are a few others I have used but the SpeedyBee is my go to...
I have also bought them from Ali Express
SpeedyBee F405 V3 3-6S 30X30 FC&ESC FPV Stack

Always use a

iFlight Smart Smoke Stopper XT30 & XT60

or

ViFly Short Saver 2 Smoke Stopper

when powering up for the first time . Saves equipment and any missed wiring that you may have missed or even crossed.
A light will come on and open the power to the Quad is something is wrong. Remember you can't spin up motors with it plugged in it is for circuit test only.
Works well with RC Planes too.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I have 17 Quads or Drones if you call them that.... lol
I have used all types of FC's

SpeedyBee F405 V3 BLS 50A 30x30

XILO Stax V2 F4 Flight Controller

For Small Builds I use AIO

Diatone Mamba MK5 G4 AIO Alpha 40A 6S Dshot2400 Flight Controller

There are a few others I have used but the SpeedyBee is my go to...
I have also bought them from Ali Express
SpeedyBee F405 V3 3-6S 30X30 FC&ESC FPV Stack

Always use a

iFlight Smart Smoke Stopper XT30 & XT60

or

ViFly Short Saver 2 Smoke Stopper

when powering up for the first time . Saves equipment and any missed wiring that you may have missed or even crossed.
A light will come on and open the power to the Quad is something is wrong. Remember you can't spin up motors with it plugged in it is for circuit test only.
Works well with RC Planes too.
Very nice, and you're correct on calling them quads, NOT drones. :hdbng:

RandyDSok

Very nice, and you're correct on calling them quads, NOT drones. :hdbng:

I agree, any vehicle can be a drone but it doesn't describe the type of vehicle it actually is. Most of the drones the college that used our club's flying field were all airplanes.

Top Bottom