GoolRC 210mm Racing Quad Shake Down Flight

Tony

Staff member
Well, I shot a video on flashing cleanflight onto the 210mm quad and also how to flash back to openpilot. Since I did a save of my file, I decided to restore my file and take the quad out for one more flight just to get a feel for the PID settings to figure out what I need to do.

There is a lot of full throttle in this one (LOS so it's not far lol) as well as some flips and such. And Stambo, I even fly in Acro mode lmao.

Next step is going to be finding the wires for the CC3D so that I can put a bluetooth module on it and head outside to do some PID tuning. That will hopefully happen this weekend.

And I have to give thanks to Nancy over at RC Quadcopters, Airplanes, Helicopters, Car, Boats, Robots - RcMoment.com for sending us this quad. I think I'm having more fun with this quad than I have with any other quad that I have lmao. We will see what the Tiny Woop Killer does when I receive it... Just a little tease for ya hahaha.

Here is the video. Let me know what you think about this little quad.

https://youtu.be/ps9-p1TD4cw

Stambo

Looks pretty darn quick Tony, be interesting to see some onboard vids once you start flying it FPV.

Wow you flew acro LOS, and did flips while you were at it, that's the only time I turn on self level.
My eyes are not good enough to see these things at a distance so I need the safety net. :)

Tony

Staff member
Yea, I'm still waiting on the FPV gear. I was supposed to get a camera, vtx and battery, but DHL pitched a fit about the battery so it's just the camera and VTX that are coming to me.

And yup, Acro LOS with no self level. It's a CC3D and I have not played with it enough to figure out how to put a level on acro like you can in clean flight. But, this board is getting ready to be on cleanflight. Once I finish the videos for the CC3D that is lol.

Tony

Staff member
Wow, only one comment on this. I figured there would be more. Ah well.

Just put cleanflight on it and did some adjusting. Found out I need more than 6 channels with cleanflight though... What a pain in the ass. Now where did I put that heat shrink...

chris f

i went through your video on setting up cc3d with openpilot gcs, but now my quad is unflyable. LOTS of oscillation and sometimes it just flips. can someone please export their settings and email me the file please? It would be most appreciated. i'm dying to get this thing back in the air!

Tony

Staff member
No worries. If you watch the video, mine is shaking all over the place. I'm not sure what base setup you used, but I think I had the best luck with the ZMR250. Take your inner loop and cut everything in half. So P=0.00150, I=0.00325 and D=0.000020. This should at least stop it from tipping and give you a low baseline to start with. It's going to be sluggish. Start raising your P very slowly and testing it in the air. Then the I, and finally the D. Do not take your D too high, it can burn up ESC's if it is too high.

Here is an article I wrote to try to explain PID settings. Might help with tuning.

P.i.d. Tuning Explained

chris f

THANK YOU!!!!!! that got me to a good starting point and i can actually tell that i'm making some progress now. I really appreciate all the help!

Keep up all the good work!
chris

Tony

Staff member
Glad I could help out Chris! Now all you need to do is post some video of this thing in the air :biggrin1:

chris f

i make no promises but as soon as i have it dialed in a little more i'll work on that. if i produce anything worth while this will be the first place it goes!
thx again

Top Bottom