GREETINGS

CruzDaddy

New to the RC world. Active duty and 2 years from retiring. Decided to find a hobby. Purchased the hooligan truck yesterday at the local hobby shop. Got everything set up.. did a couple donuts in the parking lot. My 11 year old wanted to try and BAM hit a curb ful speed.. . Trying to figure out the damage since the rc won't move.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
:welcome1:CruzDaddy and thank you for your service too :hdbng: That's the fun of RC is trying to figure out what happens or went wrong :thinking:If you have any questions just ask away. There are a lot of good members with helpful advice :cheerful:

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Welcome from one vet (retired army) to another active duty vet. You came to the right place for friendship, love of the hobby and assistance. These are the greatest bunch of people in the world and enjoy each others ideas and success. As D.O.G. mention please ask any and all questions. May I recommend take some photos of your RC truck and post to this site. This way we all can help. Best regards, Jim :peaceful:

Last edited:

CruzDaddy

Spent last night trying to figure it out. Lots of utube videos. All day today. Taking it to the hobby shop tomorrow. Told the kiddo since she crashed the rc .. she lost her chances of ever getting a real car

CruzDaddy

New to the RC world. Active duty and 2 years from retiring. Decided to find a hobby. Purchased the hooligan truck yesterday at the local hobby shop. Got everything set up.. did a couple donuts in the parking lot. My 11 year old wanted to try and BAM hit a curb ful speed.. . Trying to figure out the damage since the rc won't move.
Fixed.. hooooooah

CruzDaddy

Is it normal for the servos ( i think thats how you spell it ) to go out in a week. Purchased the hoonigan truck on a sat.. had some minor issues after the kid crashed it. Fixed that problem. Took it out for a spin and the steering stopped working. Took it to the hobby shop and had to replace.. They couldn't understand why.

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Are the servo metal gear or plastic? If plastic they can strip. That would cause a malfunction. What about any loose or broken solder joints?

CruzDaddy

Are the servo metal gear or plastic? If plastic they can strip. That would cause a malfunction. What about any loose or broken solder joints?
Plastic.. I can lie and say i DIDN'T run the rc hard but I did so maybe thats what did it. I watched the tech guy test everything.. he was like a surgeon lol. But the final result was the servo went out. I will pick up the rc today. This new hobby is getting expensive James lol

RandyDSok

Most RC kits... talking anything from boats, cars, airplanes, helis and multicopters etc... typically will come with adequate but not great hardware. This is probably seen more in servos than anything often just being rated to withstand the torques they will encounter in whatever the maker considers typical use. These will often be plastic geared servos.

At the same time, we also have to deal with compromises for various reasons as well. Besides a servos rated speed and torque we also have to consider it's weight. Plastic geared servos weight less than a metal servo, this is more important in the flying vehicles .. but it is a valid spec that still needs to be considered.

We typically want to use the strongest, fastest servo we can... metal servos, for a given size will give us that but cost more and also weigh more. When and where possible, always try to use a metal servo. When that isn't possible, even if it's a cost reason... you still want to use the best one you can get or afford in order to keep them from breaking as often as their cheaper counterparts.

CruzDaddy

Most RC kits... talking anything from boats, cars, airplanes, helis and multicopters etc... typically will come with adequate but not great hardware. This is probably seen more in servos than anything often just being rated to withstand the torques they will encounter in whatever the maker considers typical use. These will often be plastic geared servos.

At the same time, we also have to deal with compromises for various reasons as well. Besides a servos rated speed and torque we also have to consider it's weight. Plastic geared servos weight less than a metal servo, this is more important in the flying vehicles .. but it is a valid spec that still needs to be considered.

We typically want to use the strongest, fastest servo we can... metal servos, for a given size will give us that but cost more and also weigh more. When and where possible, always try to use a metal servo. When that isn't possible, even if it's a cost reason... you still want to use the best one you can get or afford in order to keep them from breaking as often as their cheaper counterparts.
Thanks for the information brother

Top Bottom