Wanted: HDD's & SSD's

Tony

Staff member
The time has come, I have completely run out of room for video storage. I have shot so many videos over the years that I have filled up every single drive I have and I'm in need of more drives. These are just storage drives but I would like 6gbps but will settle for 3gbps if that is all that is out there. But here is the kicker, I need at least 5 2TB drives, preferably 6 so I can have double parody. Takes forever to recover after a drive failure, but it's nice knowing two can go down and I will not lose any of my data.

Next is the SSD. I have been running this computer on a 120GB SSD since the day I built it 5 years ago. It's time to either upgrade what I have, or better yet, get two of them and stripe them. So if anyone has a 120GB SSD, let me know. That will double my storage space for programs and almost double my speed when rendering video files.

I had found 2TB HDD's at one time on sale (a hell of a sale) for $25 a piece!!! I didn't have any cash then and I should have borrowed the money. because I can not find that deal again. I would have purchased 8 of them for that price!

Let me know if you have anything like this.

Stambo

I finally put a 240Gb SSD in my PC recently and I have to say, what a boost in performance.
Especially on startup, I have gone from nearly 3 minutes to less than 20 seconds.

Tony

Staff member
Yup, I have ran an SSD on my rig for a while now and my startup times have always been low. But when I'm editing and rendering videos, I notice a bit of lag and if I look at the drive, it's running at 100%. If I put another one in RAID 1, then it will almost double my speed, and it will double my storage.

holtneil

Tony now you say this in October i sent Rodney a 500gb and a 250 gb SSD drives sent Steve a 500 gb , If I can get my hands on some more I will let you have them for free they are really good ones Samsung I will have a look and see if I have any left

Tony

Staff member
Hey HoltNeil, any luck on this? I needed to come in here and bump this thread up for everyone else to see and thought I would ask lol.

:bump:

Last edited:

holtneil

Hi Tony I dont have any left but my mate is looking he may have some , and I will have another look at work I am working on it but may not be a fast fix sorry time will tell fingers crossed

Tony

Staff member
It's all good. I just thought I would check in and see how it was going. Oh, and show off the new smiley lol.

holtneil

I like it give Rodney a shout he may not be using one of the SSd drives I sent him you could long term borrow it

holtneil

Hi Tony I am going to make your Day my Friend how would you like a Samsung SSD Pro 1TB and a samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB
Now the Pro has the Red tab on the front there is a tiny dent but I have tested and works 100 % the 500 gb is loose in the case but tested 100% working , your need to download any software from Samsung if you need it
20170315_155833.jpg 20170315_155802.jpg 20170315_155841.jpg 20170315_155806.jpg

Top Bottom