450 Head speed/pitch help

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hi all, we have been playing with the mechanics on the S64 before he puts them into his fuselage. It almost seems like there's just not enough power for the 5 blade/ 4 blade tail. I'm not familiar with anything smaller then a 600 so sort of scratching my head here. Not using the governor, just a linier pitch curve and several different throttle curves. The model will not lift off. The RPM slowly bogs down. The ratio is a 11.69:1 with a 3700kv motor on 3s. I thought about less pitch and more RPM but we haven't tried that yet. Can't find any specs on the FW2835, 3700kv he has in there now. Maybe just needs a more powerful motor. Thoughts??

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
152-13 on the gearing. Yes, we can try the governor I guess. Originally, we were going to use the governor, but we don't know the pole count so decided not to. RPM starts at around 2200 with the governor

Rackman

could it makea differince if you reduced Battery capacity to just the one for say a 2 1/2 minute flight ?? or would that mess with the CA to much,, to still level things out ?

Last edited:

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Hi everyone, when D.O.G. aired Hulk Jr. on his web site was running a (2) 3 cell 2200mAh 50c setup. It had a 40amp ESC at the time. When we switch over to a Talon 60 ESC with (1) 1800mAh lipo battery, the results were not good. First of all I failed to have a fully charged battery ready and when that happen both fran and I noticed Hulk losing RPM during spooling up. Plus the governor wasn't even on. Thank you all for the advice shared on this forum, still learning:peaceful:. Next test will be with the two fully charged (3) cell 2200 batteries with the governor engaged. And thanks to Fran who did an awesome job on the setup, the slow spooling up is more realistic. It's been a slow process but feel the results will speak for themselves soon:peaceful:. Best regards, Jim

Top Bottom