Quad Help wit omnibus f4 V3

spikertg

Hi, I need help getting my quad back up and running, its a cheap little Eachine wizard x220s and it came with the cheap flysky transmitter and receiver and the range just isn't good enough for me so I upgraded to the FS-X6B on Ibus with minimal range noticed so I decided to buy an Orangerx R617XL and bind it to my orange TX10i. I have the receiver bound but I cannot get any of my stick movements to show up in beta flight and don't know what settings to use when using the dsm2 slot on the F4. Please give me some guidance!

FS-X6B​

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Welcome spikertg to the forum. I have the omnibus F4 V2 on my quads. I use a Spektrum TX with DSMX RX. Here's the pinout that I used for my FC and the omnibus f4 v3 pinout - Google Search and I think the F4V3 video might help you or point you in the right direction. It's a start :).

spikertg

Thanks for the video but I already had the same flysky receiver wired up and working on I-bus and tried the same signal wire for the R61XL with no luck, I also tried the dsm2 plug on the board with no luck!

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Silly question here. Once you installed R61XL, did you go back into betaflight and try changing the serial RX in the port section? I have mine on UART1. Yours will be different. Also in the configuration the RX section. Make sure that right too. I'm throwing stuff out there.

spikertg

Yeah I tried ever single UART (1,3,6) and did spek in configuration screen and tried 1024 and 2040 in each UART and still don’t have any stick movement in the receiver tab with the spectrum selected and rssi off. I also tried the rx3 port on the board for input with no luck and I know the receiver is bound. Is my transmitter the problem? I haven’t found a single video or anything with a orangeTX

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Yeah I tried ever single UART (1,3,6) and did spek in configuration screen and tried 1024 and 2040 in each UART and still don’t have any stick movement in the receiver tab with the spectrum selected and rssi off. I also tried the rx3 port on the board for input with no luck and I know the receiver is bound. Is my transmitter the problem? I haven’t found a single video or anything with a orangeTX
You asked if the TX the problem...could be. I'm not sure because I don't know anything about Flysky or Orange RX. Sorry about that. Give it some time and other will chime in. I thought the orange RX is a clone for DSMX/DSM2 RX?

spikertg

yes, the transmitter and receiver are dsmx and dsm2 compatible. I just tried the wing you posted with no difference sadly.

spikertg

Just curious What would you guys recommend as an upgrade as I was looking into the Frsky x9 lite and other x9 models which would you guys recommend and which receivers work best for decent range? I don't need anything crazy like crossfire but I am new ti Frsky.

Top Bottom